Sunday, August 30, 2015

Insecurities

Wish I Were Doing This....
How often do you feel like you're 'not good enough'?  Do ever go through  phases where you are made to feel, or at least, you interpret that you're completely incompetent?  Like you're a total moron?  I've been going through a bit of that lately and I hate it.  I hate that feeling and I hate the anxiety that goes along with it.  As if I didn't have enough issues with anxiety itself.

I've got some time off finally from work, which is much needed but there is a part of my brain that is  stuck back on the unit for reasons that most likely are unfounded.  I hate it when my brain goes to that insecure place.  It's not a comfortable feeling and it's hard to shake it off some days.  Ugh..Hopefully as the full moon moves on, I hope that it will pull all this negative energy away from my body and mind and send it out to orbit where it belongs. 

I have friend who struggles with the 'over thinking' and anxiety issues herself.  And she is totally aware of it.  However, she has a pretty good handle on her busy mind and has worked really hard in embracing all those crazy feelings and ideas, 'feeling the moment' instead of suppressing it as we like  to do, and allow some of that anxiety work its way out of her head and out of her body.   It's a trick I'd like to learn.  That whole 'being aware' thing...and not being afraid of it, nor allowing it to dictate your thinking for the rest of the day.  I'd like to be able to do that someday.  I'd also like to just 'kick it in the junk' as another friend would say.  I think that's more my style.
I Like the Attitude

I know that there are many other who struggle with similar insecurities.  I have seen what anxiety can do to a person.  It's a real thing people.  And I wish it didn't have such a negative connotation.  That's just not fair to the person, nor is it fair to that feeling.  But I feel like we are taught that 'bad feelings' are bad, and not to be felt, or confronted.  And when we are taught to hide our feelings like that, then it just makes you feel all kinds of weird and doubtful.  Who wants to live like that?  Not me.  Until next time...  The sun always comes up, eh?  elizinashe
I Find This Sadly Powerful...


2 comments:

Linda V. said...

All my life, I was never "good enough, smart enough, etc." I can feel your pain. In my defense, I worked really, really hard to get smart enough, and now I find myself not sympathetic to those people who expect others to take up the slack and "cover" for them instead of working hard to overcome their "shortcomings". I figured if I could do it, learn it, then they should too. I have no problem helping someone once or twice, but if the same issue comes up again and again, then I feel like they are taking advantage of me. Yet when I do finally hit my limit and have to ask for help, there is nothing worse than having a boss or superior say to me, "figure it out". We are smart enough, we ARE good enough, but we are not omnipotent and all-knowing, dammit! Keep the faith! :)

elizinashe said...

Thanks for the props Linda! It's a learning process as always. I just wish others would have the same view point. We are all in this together. I've traveled a long way to realize that I am pretty smart and worthy of all things good. I've worked too hard to get to where I am today. It just sucks when people try to bring you down. I'm still working on not allowing that to bother me so much. It's a constant battle at times, but I feel like I'm getting better at it. Keep the faith!