Monday, August 31, 2015

And the Countdown Begins...

Hickory, Dickory Dock...
I've worked myself into a bit of a frenzy getting ready for my father to visit.  It's been getting the bed ready, making meal plans, stocking up on groceries, finding some snack foods that I think he would eat because I know he won't dig the guacamole that I love to devour.  Getting the toilet repaired, as I had a minor leak.  (ugh.)  Having the gutters cleaned out, mostly to stop a horrible mud divet on the side of house from getting worse.  Extra toilet paper, because y'know...a man's gotta go at some point.  Laundry, vacuuming, toilet scrubbing and so on....a quick mop will be in order for tomorrow after a haircut and then hopefully all will be well and ready for his arrival on Wednesday. 

I haven't had anyone stay at my new place for more than one night thus far and it's been years since I've had a 'live in' boyfriend or anyone for that matter, staying with me for an extended period of time.  So this will be a new experience for me.  Hopefully all will go well...it's kinda hard to share your space with somebody else, especially since I've been on my own for so long and have my own routine.  It can be challenging to adapt to another person's habits, noises and needs.  At least I have a nice 'daddy do' list to help keep him busy.  (wink, wink..)  And if I'm really lucky, he will be open to checking out a couple of daytime activities around town just so we both have something different to do and occupy our time.  Keeping my fingers crossed on that one. 

And so...I will leave you at that.  My mind is in a better space than before which is a big relief.  Guess that full moon sucked it out of my head after all.  Might have to treat myself to a nice cocktail and a delicious snack tomorrow.  I have a lot of cooking to do in the near future, so why not?   I certainly could use a treat after all that vacuuming.  haha...Don't ya love justification?  elizinashe
Salut!

2 comments:

Linda V. said...

I hope you have a wonderful time with Dad! So nice that he's coming to visit. I look forward to hearing the stories afterwards. Have a blessed time!

elizinashe said...

Thank you Linda! It will be a nice time for sure. My cat Hecubus, on the other hand might have something different to say. He doesn't like to 'share' me. haha...Blessings to you!