Thursday, September 3, 2015

And the Adventure Begins...

Woo Pig Sooie!
Here we are folks!  My father has arrived....with treats & treasures & lots of junk from the house.  Oh geeze...just when you get to a point where you're organized here comes more stuff.  But ya know..that's okay.  Some of it's pretty cool and sentimental.  

My dad had told me that he had a 'surprise' that he was bringing me.  Although I told him I have plenty of stuff and really don't need anymore he brought me a thirteen piece stainless steel cookware set.  Yowza!  I pretty much have all the pots and pans that I really need, but....this set is pretty spectacular.  Three different sized omelette type pans.  Woo hoo!  And all with lids.  Super!  Guess I've got a lot of cooking to do in the next few months.  Better make some room in my cabinets on those nights when I can't sleep.  

It's been good so far.  I'm glad to have him here and we've had some nice chats on the deck.   I have to give my dad some credit.  He has told me more in his older years than I ever heard as a kid.  Maybe that's a natural progression...maybe that's just him.  Maybe it's me...I'm older and more mature these days.  At least the older part.  Don't know about the maturity gig.  (wink, wink.)

And so...I will leave it at that.  I made a big fat dinner with a bottle of wine of course and a bit of chocolate for dessert.  Tomorrow will be a guinea pig dinner plan as I have found a one pot pasta dish that sounds delicious and should provide plenty of leftovers.  At least for a little while.  After that, I will have to do some more searching.  I can only plan so far ahead...

Tomorrow will be a Lowe's excursion with a quick trip to pick up some lunch type items and snacky foods for dad.  Then it's on to start some 'daddy do' projects while I begin to construct my pasta project.  With wine of course.  I think a cherry pie will be in order for dessert.  I do like to spoil my guests....Until next time...elizinashe
Cheers!

No comments: