Monday, September 14, 2015

Whew!

Time for a Break!
September certainly started off with a bang.  My dad arrived Wednesday the 2nd and I feel like I've been going at full blast since.  Heck, I was going full blast prior to all that.  I had worked a bunch, then in my off time I was cleaning, getting groceries and getting prepared.  Once dad got here, it was a go, go, go kind of feel.  And then when he left, I had one day to regroup and then bam!  Back to work...sheesh!  Glad I didn't pick up extra this weekend.  I needed the time to collect my thoughts. 

Dad's visit was really good.  Slightly awkward at first but we found our comfort zone and fell into a nice groove.  My basement is now cleaned and organized, my front porch looks white again and I now have craploads of junk from the house that I grew up in.  Some of it quite worthy, others...not so much.  I've already taken two boxes of junk to Goodwill.  There's only so many cookie tins that one needs.  Bonus finds:  a couple of pictures of my grandparents that my mom had at the house, my brother's Rektor set and my childhood Hot Wheels.  Yep...good finds.  

Overall, I think my dad had a good visit.  The roles are certainly changing to a degree.  I've been on both my parents banking accounts for a while now, you know...for the 'just in case' in the future.  My dad also gave me a set of keys to the house and to his car.  You know...'just in case'.  I guess there comes a time regardless.  I suppose you never really can be ready for that kind of change.  Guess it's better to be a bit prepared than to be blindsided.  I just hope that when that time does come, I will have the strength and courage to ride that wave and not drown in all that chaos.  

As for King Hecubus, the Snaggletoothed, (as he was once dubbed by a friend), hid pretty much the whole time my dad was here.  He made his appearance a couple of times, but he mostly banished himself to the bedroom and the downstairs late at night, once my dad was in bed and asleep.  What a pecker.  My cat normally doesn't hide for that long, but then again, I haven't had company stay that long either.  I had to move the litterbox downstairs so he wouldn't pee in the closet, as he did that first night.  (ass...).  And once dad left, I found Hecubus a few hours later, perched on the futon upstairs, sitting comfortably in his lair.  What a stinker.  

And so I will leave you here...it's gotten chilly here at night and it's time for another cup of hot tea.  There is something comforting about sitting in your pj's and holding a warm mug in your hands.  I'm glad for the change although I hope it's brief.  It's just too dang early to be this cold at night.  I hope for a nice comfortable Fall and a long one at that!  Until next time...elizinashe 
I Don't Like Sharing My Human! 

No comments: