Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Nothing Special

Downtown Greens in the Park
It's been a short while since I've last posted.  There have been numerous times that I've had stuff in my head to write and share...but it's usually at an inconvenient time. (like at work or in the car..and so on.)  So here I be pecking away with all those previous posts that were in my head totally gone.  Haha...oh well.  It will come back to me later I'm sure. 

Dad's visit went pretty well.  I think he had a good time even though he could not stay as long as he had hoped.  And I will just leave it at that.  There are other factors in that mix to which I won't divulge and to a degree, it makes me sad to see him as he grows older and in a "lost" sort of way.  Not lost as in his mind, but just "lost" in what he had expected his retirement would be vs. what it actually turned out to be.  I do have to give him some kudos though.  He weathered some tough times.   I just hope he keeps persevering.  

Oh politics...how I hate thee.  I did watch the Republican primary debate the other night.  I wanted to see what all these sad candidates had to say.  Geeze...at times it was like a circus side show.  Seriously.  At other times, it was a heated discussion.  What bothered me the most about it is that there seems to be only one candidate that actually is working on facts and a best well meant plan of action vs strong personal beliefs and/or vendettas to initiate in order to run our country.  Disgusting...I won't get on my soapbox here but you need to leave your personal beliefs behind, and make wise and well informed decisions regarding keeping our country healthy and strong.  And yes, we need some changes...but changes that will be to our benefit in the long run.   We are an America of many peoples.  And we need to support that.  

And so...I will stop there before I get pissed off.  haha...Politics and Religion.  Stay away from talking about it, right?  So what's in your wallet?  elizinashe

No comments: