Friday, August 25, 2017

Mean People Suck

Feeling All Jumbled
Regardless of what you do for work, you will always have personality clashes and ones that you can never please no matter what you do or say.  I am no better than the next person, I make mistakes and I expect that my fellow co-workers exude the same temperament.  However, I know that can't always be true. 

I also know that one or sometimes two persons who have those unrealistic expectations and perfectionist ideals will never be happy with the work you do.  I also know that it is something that has been taught or learned due to something in their past, or an expectation that was made of them and has followed them into their adulthood and working life.  I get that. 

What I don't get is a consistent disapproving, condescending, micromanaging, disrespectful attitude towards others and co-workers, leaving them feeling unappreciated, angry and sometimes in tears for no reason other than their expectations and their high standards were not met, when in reality, that is just an unrealistic expectation to begin with. 

And when such behavior is thrown in the face of many, and not just one person, then it's a problem.  The tricky thing is, sometimes when you do address such an issue with your superiors, nothing ever changes or worse yet, that superior may be "tight" with the said person with the unrealistic perfectionist issues.  So...how do you work around that?  What kind of charge do you get by being so mean and high & mighty?  I would think it does nothing but start your day off feeling stressed out on top of an already stressed out job.  So why would you want to put yourself through that?  And watching good co-workers being treated with such behavior doesn't make you feel good or appreciated either. 

It's a tricky deck of cards that's for sure.  I refuse to be played like the Joker and I always aim for winning Aces, but sometimes your going to get a Spade.  And that's okay.  I just wish some people would stop expecting Diamonds every damn day.  ( How do you like that use of metaphors?  😉 )

Until next time....elizinashe
Why Can't We All Just Get Along?  

No comments: