Wednesday, August 16, 2017

It's the End of the World As We Know It...

Get Those Glasses On!
Okay, so the world is not ending, however it certainly seems to be spinning on a highly volatile axis these days.  Some days I just can't believe my eyes.  However, we've got an eclipse upon us.  Maybe we all need a bit of the dark from Mother Nature so the new light may shine where it needs to shine.

I'm lucky to live in an area where there will be a 98% totality of the solar eclipse.  Wow...I'm not much of a geek when it comes to this sort of stuff but I feel very lucky to live in the path of this phenomenal event.  I've got my glasses and plans to sit on my deck to bask in the moment.  I'm kind of worried about the whole eye thing despite having the ISO approved glasses.  Maybe I'll just keep my eyes closed as a precaution.

Through modern science, such celestial events are easier to predict.  This event apparently is one of a kind, at least in North America not to mention in my neck of the woods.  Long before giant telescopes, math equations and all that other geeky stuff, shooting stars and eclipse's must have instilled panic among the masses.  I am certain that there was a small minority of indigenous peoples knew better, maybe worshiping such a gift or perhaps taking it as an omen.  Regardless, we are lucky to have such knowledge of how and why these things happen.  I know from history many ancient peoples looked to the stars and the heavens for guidance, inspiration, superstitions, life and death.  Being that I'm a bit superstitious myself and ask the Universe for what I need, I think I will take this Solar Eclipse as a way to renew and rejuvenate in my own life.  I hope the rest of the World will take the same opportunity.  Otherwise, Mother Nature might have a different plan in the days to come.

Until next time...elizinashe.
Let's All Be Kind to Our World

No comments: