Sunday, July 30, 2017

Troubled Mind

My Head is a Mess Today
Today should be a day of fun and relaxation.  I had plans for dinner with some friends but alas, life got in the way and I had to cancel.  We were pretty flexible about it anyway, but I was looking forward to doing something different and spending time with good peeps. 

My kitty is sick and I had to take him back to the vet this afternoon as he's not recovering like he should when I took him three nights ago.  It just breaks my heart to take him to the vet, as it stresses him out in a terrible way, and it worries me as well.  He's getting old and puny.  I know he doesn't feel good and I wish I could just take his discomfort away.  But I can't.  I just want to hold him in my arms and make it all better.  Hopefully the vet will be able to determine what's going on this time around.  And I hope it's quick.  It's weird to be in the house without him hanging around. 

I fell asleep on the couch earlier this afternoon, which I needed a good nap but man...were my dreams ever weird.  First, I had a brief period of Sleep Paralysis.  If you don't know what that is, look it up and hope you never experience it.  It's a very strange and frightening feeling.  Then I dreamt that I fell down some stairs, catching myself before I hit the ground and after that I had a really weird dream which involved my father.  No, not one of those dreams.  Let's get real.  I'll just say it was quite disturbing and scared me a bit.  I'm pretty sure it's all related to my subconscious and my worries about his health and aging, especially since he's so far away.  Regardless, it was a disturbing dream.  It's kind of messing with my head. 

In the meantime, I'm trying to keep myself busy while I wait for the vet to call and the memories of my afternoon dream waft away.  It's not a very happy Sunday for me....it actually kind of sucks.  It's been a long, hard week on many levels.  Sometimes this adult stuff sucks ass.  Wish I would have known this sooner.  haha...I'm just moving through the waves.  At least my head is still above water.  Until next time....elizinashe
Hoping for a Better Door This Week

No comments: