Thursday, July 6, 2017

Ups & Downs

Who Wants to Take a Drive?
Life sure is funny sometimes.  I've always felt and said, "what goes around, comes around."  So I've always tried to "take the high road" and be careful of the battles I choose.  Sometimes I don't do so well with that and at times, Life bites me back in the ass.  Other times,  I receive little blessings as needed and usually at the right time. 

Anyway...keeping up with the good deeds thing, I found a small, squished battery in a parking lot the other day.  Now most likely, it would not damage anybody's car or poke a tire, as I had recently experienced with a 2 inch bolt in my back tire, but I picked it up anyway and threw it in the nearest trash can.  Wouldn't want anyone to have the same inconvenience that I had just a week before. 

I also found a personal check lying on the floor in the checkout lane at the grocery store on a separate day.  It didn't belong to the lady ahead of me, or anyone beside us, so I handed it to the cashier so she may keep it safe for the short term and hand it over to the manager.  I hope they found the rightful owner, or at least found the person who wrote the check.  I'd hate to think that some stranger would try and cash another person's $150 check just to steal the cash.  That's just mean. 

Speaking of mean people, I go to another grocery store today to pick up a few items before I return to my working week.  I pulled up into a parking space, so all I had to do was pull straight out.  There was another spot directly behind me with plenty of room.  Are you ready for this?  So after making my purchases, I see as I approach my car, that a big BMW SUV is parked rather close behind me.  And as I get to my car, I look and see that they did  indeed park right up into my car.  Their bumper was totally pushing against my tail, totally blocking my back gate preventing me from being able to open it at all.   Not even on micro millimeter of space.  Man was I pissed.  Jackass...I could tell that there was no damage done, just metal pushing against metal.  But still....there is no doubt in my mind that this driver knew that he/she was up in my space.  What kills me is that this BMW had all the fancy bells and whistles like all the newer cars do.  Back up cameras, front end camera sensor, the hands free mumbo jumbo and so on.  You get the picture.  So question is...why in the hell did this person not even bother to back their car up or even stop when they were getting too close?  Fucker...are they that stupid?  Not even a note on my car saying "oops!" Just parked right up in my grill.  What a moron.  I took some pics and got their tag number.  Being that there wasn't any kind of damage, I didn't bother calling the police or my insurance company.  That might of been a bad decision, but the police most likely would not have done much and my insurance company most likely would have increased my rates even though is was not my fault.  So I took the high road on that one.  I'm pretty sure that this driver will have their own "what goes around, comes around" experience.  I just hope that Karma is nice about it.

Okay...so that was a lot.  I stewed about that event long enough.  It's time to put it to rest and let the Universe do it's thing.  I've got other worries that are more important.  In the meantime, always do your best and watch out for the wack-a-doos.  Hopefully Karma will be kind to you.  Until next time...elizinashe.
Throw Me Some Shooting Stars! 

No comments: