Thursday, July 20, 2017

Late Night Bits

Cheers! 
Our hot weather is beginning to settle in for a few days.  Ugh...not looking forward to that at all.  Keeping my fingers crossed that my air conditioning unit doesn't crap out on me.  It's still really new, and I always have a routine maintenance checks to make sure all the bells and whistles are in good shape.  I think I will be fine. 

I caught up with a traveling girlfriend today.  I'm lucky if I see her once a year.  She has an unusual job and is sometimes in my area for work.  She will be leaving by the end of the week for her next gig.  I've known this woman for nearly twenty years now.  Wow...amazing.  It seems like we just saw each other yesterday.  Funny how those kind of friendships work, eh?  Needless to say...we headed downtown for some shopping, eats and drinks and lots of catching up.  It was hot for sure, but the time spent with a girlfriend and a few drinks made it more than worth the while.

My kitty has been kind of puny lately.  I almost took him to the vet the other evening, but he seemed to rally around and his complaints were mostly food related.  But...he hasn't quite been himself since I've been home.  He's a bit more quite and somewhat isolative but mostly to the couch.  Hmmm...he still has his bright, curious eyes but there is something else behind them too.  I know he doesn't feel good.  I don't know if it's the heat or if he's on his way out of this life.  And if it's the latter of the two, it won't be pretty for me.  Especially since I'm about to start a long stretch of days at work.  It may come down to calling out sick one night while I deal with what may come to pass.  I hope I'm wrong.

Being that I'm often up late at night, I see airplanes high in the sky, making their way across the night.  Although we have a small airport, I know at this time of night there aren't any major flights coming in for a landing nor is anything taking off.  It makes me wonder where that plane came from, where is it going and who's on the plane in these wee hours.  Where is this "red eye flight" taking them?  Makes me wonder....

I have a post "saved" for a possible publish.  It's a bit harsh I think but looking back on previous posts, I was often critical and sometimes quite sarcastic about whatever random topic I chose to write about.  I have that random post finished and ready but I'm hesitant to hit that button and make it known to my readers.  I'm not really sure why.  It's not that I want to censor myself, but I feel like it's a bit immature and possibly mean.  But it sure did feel good to write about something else for a change other than my own life and complaints.  Who wants to read about my bitching all the time anyway?  Maybe I'll post it later.  We all need a change from the current news and our busy lives don't ya think?  Until next time....elizinashe
Keep It in the Shade! 

No comments: