Monday, July 10, 2017

So Far, So Good

Mmmmm....Hot Chocolate.
Every January I make a "wish/goal list".  Not a Resolution list, but stuff I want and hope to accomplish in the coming year.  I keep that list out as a shout out to the Universe, as I believe if you "put it out there" those things will come to you.  But I also believe that you have to work towards it as well.  Good things don't always come easily. 

As I sit here next to my computer, my list is to my left with all the little things I have written down.  And as I reflect on my list, I'm doing pretty good in crossing out my wishes.  Granted, I know I won't ever achieve every single thing, but if I get even half of it done, I'd say it's been a pretty good year. 

I've been to three musical events thus far, and one on the way in September.  There are a lot of shows this summer and I wanted to go to each and every one, but that is just not doable.  Maybe next time...I have spent more time with friends doing fun things and taking pictures.  I'm one step closer to going completely wireless television wise and I've had people over for dinner in my new home.  And "tickling the ivories" as they say is habit I'm trying to do more often, especially before I leave for work as it puts me in an easy frame of mind. 

Some of the other stuff...well I still need to work on that but I feel like I'm getting closer to those silly things.  But sometimes you just have to stop and be patient for such things.  Plus, finances always come into play so it's a matter of priority.  Still working on the budget thing.  I think that's going to be a life long process.  I need to be comfortable with that. 

All in all...I may not have done as much as others so far, nor have I made a beach trip like so many others but that's on the list too.  And my plan for the beach is to have some fellow travelers with me and share the festivities.  I think January would be a good time.  The crowds are gone and if you pick the right place, the weather is sunny without being miserable and you still may have the opportunity to have your feet blessed by the ocean.  I think it would be a great way to kick off the winter months don't ya think?  I'll keep ya posted on that one.  Until next time....elizinashe. 
Need to Add This to My List

No comments: