Monday, November 6, 2017

Ah..the Holidays...

Spice It Up This Year! 
So the Thanksgiving Feast with the Thanksgiving Beast is shortly upon us.  It will be here sooner than you think.  Better plan out the festivities so you don't have to rush around the last minute.  Perhaps you will take an easy way out and just not do anything at all.  And that's okay too.  Less stress if you really think about it.

My traditional plans for this year have changed.  I'm not quite sure how I really feel about it yet.  Typically I gather with my mother and friends for the said feast with a beast a day or two before, sometimes after, mostly due to work schedules and friend schedules.  This time, I'm not quite sure if it's going to happen at all. 

I suppose if I had a significant other, or a spouse and children in tow, my plans would be different.  But I don't.  I'm the single girl.  Who works.  One who's job always is one to never be closed on Thanksgiving.  Except for a few times.  But these days, hospitals never close.  And it is expected that you will work one major holiday-Thanksgiving or Christmas.  And I'm fine with that. 

But...being that I "always work", my mother has made other arrangements.  Hmm..I guess I'm okay with that but there is a part of me that's a bit miffed too.  I can't help it.  Maybe it's jealousy.  Maybe it's hurt.  I don't know.  Regardless, as long as I don't dwell on the particulars and the solitude prior to my Thanksgiving work week, I will be fine.  It just gets a  little harder each year it seems.  Having a disconnected family has its downside.  A side that seems to trouble me more and more each year. 

I hope that your Thanksgiving Feast is filled with much love, laughter and delicious food.  I may not be able to be with my family, or have the time away from work like I wish, but I know I have wonderful friends and a spectacular work family to keep me afloat.  I really can't complain about that now can I?  Thanks for listening.  Until next time..elizinashe
Blessings For Your Table

No comments: