Sunday, March 25, 2018

Dating

If It Only Were This Easy
I had a bit of a date today.  Maybe it wasn't.  But it was sort of.  Just hanging out watching TV and having some drinks and conversation.  Nothing wrong with that.  No pressure and no heavy petting.  Not even a kissing session which was fine by me too.  I like getting to know someone better before I go there although I've know this guy for quite some time.  And no, it wasn't the heating & cooling guy that I still have a crush on.  I'd  go out with him in a skinny minute. 

I had a good time although I drank a bit more than I needed but that's all too easy when you're comfortable and chatting away.  I still haven't learned about that.  Gotta watch myself more carefully for next time. 

I don't think this guy will turn into a big romance or anything significant but I can certainly see us hanging out and spending some time together and that's okay.  I don't even know if I'm ready for anything serious despite the feeling that I actually do miss being in a relationship.  I guess I will know if that sort of thing crosses my path.  I know I'm picky and protective of myself and that's not a bad thing, but sometimes I wonder if I'm too protective and picky.  Have I missed one and didn't know it?  Have I dismissed some wonderful guy because I was too picky?  Or too independent? 

I wish I had those answers.  It gets harder as you get older.  I've grown into my habits and routine.  And that sort of stuff is hard to bend sometimes not to mention I've always been pretty independent and comfortable in my single status.  I'm not sure if that will change or if I can break that mold.  I guess time will tell.  Until next time...elizinashe
Tomorrow Is Another Day

No comments: