Sunday, March 25, 2018

So It Happened Today

💗 Hecubus 💗
Hecubus made his exit in this life this afternoon while sitting in my lap as I was sitting at the computer.  He was making his complaints known as par for the course, began to settle and had a brief seizure and then took his last breath.  It was that quick.  Totally unexpected but painless I am sure.

I kept myself together fairly well at the time.  I guess my nursing mind took over for moment until I could get him to the vet and have his body cremated.  I want to have his ashes with me, like I have with my tabby that moved on many moons ago. 

My heart is so very sad and my nights on the couch will never be the same.  I am so going to miss having him lying on top of me and in my face.  That part is going to be really hard. 

I don't regret a single thing I ever did for him.  I don't regret taking him to the emergency clinic in the wee hours of the morning when we needed to go even if it meant paying more money.  I don't regret buying all kinds of wet food every week when he got so picky, especially the last few years.  I don't regret staying up with him in the wee hours of the night when he was sick, or in the morning hours when I came home after working all night when he was not well.  I don't regret the times he puked all over my bed because I know he couldn't help it.  I don't regret buying some kitty steps so he could get up and down the bed easier because of his age and an old leg injury that began to give him a little more trouble.  I don't regret staying in town for vacation because I was afraid he'd get too sick while I was away.   I didn't want him to suffer in the least and I know that never really happened. 

My life was so much richer with him in it, even if the last couple of years were filled with anxiety and worry for him as I knew his time was drawing near.  He really was an amazing cat.  There were many times that not only myself but my vet too thought he was on his way to make his exit but he always seemed to rebound and remain by my side and in my face.  Head butts and all. 

No, he never suffered nor did he have any pain.  I am so very sad that he is gone but I am so very thankful for the way he chose to leave this Earth.  I hope he likes his next adventure.  I will certainly miss him terribly.  I could not have asked for a better kitty than my Hecubus.  I was one hundred percent his human that's for sure.  And I don't regret that by any means.  You certainly can't put a price on that kind of love.  And that's a very good thing.  Until next time...elizinashe
😌 Feeling Sad But Thankful 😌

2 comments:

Linda V. said...

I am so sorry to read this, as I know what that love is like, and how much of a hole in your heart it leaves. I just lost my "puppy" my beautiful kitty Hobbes in October. I had him since he was 3 weeks old.

Your thoughts and feelings of being grateful for his love and life, mirrors mine, but you articulated it so much better.

I, too, have the ashes of Hobbes, and a number of my other cats. My husband has been instructed to be sure to bury them with me.

I believe we will see our beloved pets again, when our time comes. I hope, someday, when you are ready, you can find another companion to love and care for. Thank you for sharing a little bit of him, he sure was a beautiful cat!!!

elizinashe said...

Thank You Linda for your kind words. Losing a pet is such a different kind of grief. But each day is getting easier. I know Hecubus is still with me in spirit-I couldn't bear the idea of not having his ashes in my possession. It just wouldn't be right. And I know, someday, we will be reunited. He was a special love in my life that's for sure. I am so glad I was his human. He made my life much more enriched.

Thank you for sharing your losses with me. I am certain it was very hard for you, but I do hope you know that you gave your kitties a wonderful home. That I know!

Blessings to you!