Monday, March 12, 2018

Productively Lazy

Inspiration for My Next Escape
I took some time away from work just to have some "time away".  No plans to leave town or have company mind you, although a trip out of my county borders would have been lovely, but just time away....

I had good intentions.  Meaning, I had a small bucket list of "to do" items and projects that have been on the back burner due to my crazy work schedule that I've been wanting to complete.  Well...I haven't crossed out everything just yet, I still have a few days to go before I return to work but I know it all won't get done in time. 

I've had one minor issue that needed to be addressed, as most unexpected issues are just that-unexpected and needs to be addressed.  Ugh...So a couple of my "to do" items will once again go on hold.  But that's okay.

I've done a few crafty projects which has made me quite happy.  My kitchen table is a hot mess but I don't care.  Creativity is supposed to be messy.  I like it that way.  I've caught up on some much needed cleaning finally-my very least favorite thing to do.  I have one more area that I need to tackle and I keep procrastinating about that.  But again, I still have a few days to knock that out before I go back to work.  With the impending rain to snow event that's coming, I suppose I will be holed up in my abode and find the will power to knock out that one last cleaning duty.  If the weather clears up, then that's my excuse to leave the house and do some window shopping.  Don't ya just love justification? 

I don't feel bad for not completing all that I had planned.  I did for a while, but then I realized that maybe I needed to be a bit lazy.  Maybe I needed to not plan so much in my off time as I feel like I already do that around my work schedule.  Maybe I needed to just take it nice and slow and do whatever the hell I felt like for the day.  And I feel like I've pretty much done that.  I may not have been able to do out of town, but even a trip away can sometimes feel rushed, hurried and over planned.  Plus, you need time to recover from all the travel and hustle and bustle of it all do you not? 

Why stress yourself out in trying to complete all your adult duties?  Life is short.  I want to be stress free for as long as I can.  Work always returns.  And that stress will come very soon.  I hope you allow yourself some lazy time.  It's good for the soul.  I hope next time I can get away to a nice beach and be lazy in the sand with a cocktail by my side.  I'm putting that one on my next "to do" list.  Until next time...elizinashe
A Few More Days Like This

1 comment: