Thursday, June 1, 2023

Choice or Fate ?

I Have a Love/Hate With This Quote

 Although I like the intent of this message beginning this post, but really...do we really choose our partners?  Our friends ?  Or does something more powerful and unique come into play where you just happen to cross paths and build on that moment of connection ?  


I do believe that some folks have just "chosen" their partner, friends or whatever community supports you but when I read this quote it makes me think that you made a choice that is not completely what you really want or wanted for your self. 


I think back in day, people did choose a life partner because they would be a "good wife " or a "good husband" and therefore you just made that marriage or relationship work regardless of your heart or what you really wanted for the rest of your Life.  I have know such people.  Some divorced, some stuck it out and some just lived apart, creating a new life outside of the relationship and/or marriage.  


I know I am guilty of staying with some dude because  he was a "nice guy".  But after some time, my heart just could not take the lie or denial and I let those relationships go.  Although it was hurtful to do so and am so glad I ended the said relationship .  I just can't fake it nor can I "learn to love" someone.  Either you do or you don't .  Warts and all.  


Yes, I have chosen friends and I have chosen relationships or at least ventured down that road  risking my heart.  But I have never regretted in doing so.  Plus, I honestly feel like those friendships and relationships had an uncanny chance meeting or some special connection that brought us together.  I'm guessing that I am not the only one who has experienced this occasion. 


So do I believe things "happen for a reason" ?  Well, in some situations absolutely.  Some for the better and some for the not so better.  A learning curve if you will.  And sometimes you have to learn that curve quite a few times.  And that can be hurtful.  


I have dated wealthy men and not so wealthy men.  I have dated highly educated men and some who barely have any college education in their pocket of a brain.  I have dated some very attractive men and some not so attractive.  But what they all had in common was a meeting of the minds.  Conversations.  Adventures.  Laughter.  And I learned something from all of them.  I hope they learned from me as well.  


Yes, I may "choose" my dates and relationships.  And I may "choose" to continue those dates and relationships but it is not because I have relented and gave up on what I really wanted for myself.  It was because I knew something in my heart was in the right place.  And as of recent, my heart is going down a new path that I have not experienced in quite some time.  I have zero regrets as to where it has been the last two plus years as for the first time ever, I had no reservations or fear of exploring something new after being alone for so, so long.  I suppose there were a lot of things that I could have made excuses for not exploring the said relationship but again, I had zero worries.  Zero.  


I made that jump and I'd do it all over again with the one I had met or shall I say crossed my path as our meeting was quite unusual and a bit of a wake up call if you will.  Time was not wasted .  It was the happiest and best relationship I have ever had.  Although that relationship is no longer, I hope that I won't forget that I can take that leap into the relationship world again and it will all be okay.  The "powers that be" just might have another plan in place for this chic.  I hope I recognize it when it happens.  Until next time...elizinashe. 

Absolutely !


No comments: