Thursday, June 8, 2023

Resentment

 Do you hold a grudge?  

Do you get angry easily?  Have a low threshold in frustration?

Hold resentment towards anyone or anything in particular?

Do we really have control over our thoughts and feelings?  

I can certainly become very angry when I am wronged, lied to, cheated upon, taken advantage of or stealing from me especially when I am so accepting and giving to others.  But if you mess with me and break my trust then that becomes a huge issue.

Now mind you the said above has not happened but I do have some resentment that is eaking it's way out in the form of bad or more appropriately  frustrating dreams.  And I know the root cause of such resentment.  And as of late, it's really hard to allow this to pass.

No, I don't hold grudges and I know how to forgive, but....this latest bout of mental frustration is really getting my goat if you know what I mean.

I refuse to allow this current episode to plant roots in my heart and soul and dictate my mentality.  I just cannot live that way.  It's not healthy.  I want to be happy and free from my anguish.

I think it is normal to feel this way, it is normal to feel angry and become frustrated but allowing yourself to remain in that pot of feelings just is not the way to live.  I do beleive such feelings serve a purpose but only for a brief time.  And maybe we learn from it.  I can guarantee some do not learn from such feelings nor do they move past the said feelings, which is rather sad.  But as for me, I need to find some happy ground again.  I am tired of feeling the opposite.  

Hello Therapy!  Here I come~ and I am not ashamed to say so.  I am thankful for this little blog as it does help me but I know I need better guidance and a different perspective to help me move through this current journey.  

So my readers, whoever you are, I hope you are in a good place. And if not, don't be ashamed to go and get some help.  It's so important.  Until next time...elizinashe.

No comments: