Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Success and Achievement



Congrats to me!!! After taking a simple CNA class, comuting 70 miles round trip to my bar job, applying to the hospital, taking the hospital job, relocating back to the city, working two jobs for a year and a half, dashing off for a vacation,(much needed might I add!!), working all kinds of crazy hours, being pulled in three different directions at once, having some very disruptive sleep patterns, never having a normal 'sit-down' meal, going to too many required in-services and meetings, leaving my bar job, feeling poor, detoxing my brain and stress level, struggling to move forward in my career and keep myself happy, I have finally landed a 'full-time' status with my hospital job!! Which means guaranteed hours, health-care, a dental plan(!), paid time off, family leave if need be and most of all a tremendous sense of acomplishment after throwing myself into a completely different relm. YEA ME!!!

I have also landed the classes that I wanted for this fall term, on the days that I wanted which should work well with my working hours. No early morning classes for me!! Who can think and reason at eight o'clock in the morning anyway??? Class starts August 20th. I will have two classes on Mondays and one class on Wednesdays. I think that wil be a good way to ease myself back into the classroom environment without feeling overwhelmed. YEA ME AGAIN!!

I finished work early last evening so I stopped by my favorite hang-out, ate a big fat burger, drank too much wine and had some chocolate cake to celebrate my small steps of success. Two of my fellow bar flies toasted the occasion with me and showered me with congrats. That felt good. Yea me once again. And so my readers, here I am, again starting another new chapter in my life as I continue to grow and learn about me. It's going to be a completely different year once again. Yee Gads!!! elizinashe

4 comments:

Lee said...

*Happy Dances all over the place with you and wishes she was there to do some old timey "meshing"*

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so proud of you, that's awesome news on the job! I know you were needing some stability and now you have it. I'm so glad that your classes worked out as well. I know how worried you were about that. Good positive thinking....keep up the trend.

Love ya,
Nan

Bernie said...

Congratulations!

So what's your favorite hangout? Any place that has wine and burgers sounds like a cool place. My fave in your town during the 48 hours I spent there in April was the Mellow Mushroom... outdoor cafe, Pink Floyd on the speakers and local organic beer on the menu.

elizinashe said...

Thanks!! The meshing part will come soon enough my dear Nan, hopefully with you involved!!
And for Bernie, my fave place is a local restaurant called East Village Grille close to my house. Good food, full bar and good bar flies for good conversations. The owner's sister makes all the deserts which are nothing but fabulous! It's just a great local gig. Hope you can check it out on your next visit. Thanks for reading me!! eliz

Elisa said...

YAY LEAHE!!! I am sooooo proud of you! Congrats on your achievement...you deserve it girl!!!
xoxo~E