Saturday, July 21, 2007

Oh My God...

So I was catching up on some internet news and came across this blurb on the 'fattest man' on the planet. Oh my God is this ever sad. There is a man in Mexico that weighs over 1200lbs. Yes, you read it right...one thousand two hundred and some odd pounds. How in the fuck did this happen??? He is certainly bed-ridden and very sick. I'm having problems understanding how a person can get this huge and still be alive. We've all seen obese people. We've all seen a 600 or 700 pound person on some talk show, but this man weighs over a ton!!! What the hell??
My first question is how in the hell did he get this huge? Second, how could his friends and family support this kind of living?? Didn't ANYONE try and help? He didn't wake up one morning to find out that he weighed 1200lbs. This was a long process clearly but didn't anyone try and stop him along the way?? This is way,way beyond a 'glandular problem'. He must be like a human boa constrictor...he swallows his prey whole. What in the hell did he eat?? Small children?? How could you afford to feed this guy?? What about the stress and strain on his heart and other major organs?? How could the human body survive like that? And again...what the hell??
What a sad and tragic life he must have. I would imagine he does everything from the bed. Can you imagine being so large that you can't use a real toilet or take a bath?? This would be one world record that I would not be proud to own. Such a tragedy. What kind of quality of life does he really have?? None would be my guess. It's just gross and I don't understand how something like this could happen. I just don't get it. This is beyond comprehension to me. I hope this guy has a better life the next go 'round. elizinashe

1 comment:

Lee said...

Where are you?! I miss you and miss reading your posts, come back come back! Send me an email at least and let me know you are alive!

Hugs,
Nan