Wednesday, August 1, 2007

In the Doldrums

My college roomie left me a note asking me where have I been in the blog world. I haven't posted in a while and I guess she's missed me a bit. (Big smiley face here). It's nice to know that you're missed.

I haven't posted because I've been feeling blah lately which affects my creative flow. Transitions in your life can suck. Financial changes can suck. Close friends who live far away that you can't visit as often can suck. Trying to meet new, trustworthy friends can suck. Living alone can suck. It's been a real pity party. I try not to dwell on the past so much as it is not productive. I tell this to the kids at the hospital quite often. Move forward with what you've got and keep trying. Now it's time for me to take a dose of my own medicine. I refuse to fail. That's a good thing, but I do feel hindered to a degree. I know there are many roadblocks to blast away. I'm just trying to figure out how to do it all. I envy those who know what the hell they want to achieve in life and know how to lay the plans out to success. How is it done?? Anyway...
So in order to distract my pea brain I watched one of my favorite old movies. I normally don't make a habit of watching old movies but this one is pretty good. I watched Auntie Mame, the one with Rosiland Russel, not the musical which I really don't care for. But this movie is full of colorful characters, great one-liners and plenty of alcohol. I like Mame's mantra, 'you've got to live, live, live. Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.' I think that is a fabulous mantra to live by. I always have that stuck in the back of my head. I just need to practice that more I guess....sometimes I forget. It's proving to be harder than I thought in my forward move in my life's pursuits. I guess I needed to touch base with a movie that gives me some inspiration. I know I will get there somehow, I just don't know when or how and that drives me a bit batty. I don't like feeling that way. But that's life. Tomorrow is another day, right? Until next time...elizinashe

No comments: