Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Frustrating Day



Somebody just smack me please before I really get hurt. What a frustrating day it has been. It's been really hot here which zaps every ounce of energy and motivation you may have out of your body. I am having troubles knocking out my 'to do' list of things which really are simple tasks to complete but it just too tiresome today to finish it all. I'm having problems finding the mistake in my checking account balance and I can't get anything to match. I went to the bank today to get an updated postings of what I've spent and what has cleared and I find $60 that has been taken out of my account but I have no idea where it went to. What the hell?? I have always been very careful of my banking stuff, always knew what the correct balance was and where my money was going but now that I have this updated post info it has made it worse. How hard can it be?? These printout posts that my bank uses is just not easy to understand sometimes. I've pretty much given up on trying to figure this out. I'd much rather sit down with one of the tellers to go over my balance crap and start fresh. Sometimes it's just easier that way.

I've also decided to try and get back into the exercise routine which has always kept my head clear and made me feel better. I scouted out this one gym in town which gives a discount to hospital employees and has the equipment and plenty of space that I was looking for. I'm sure I could swing a one-time fee for the first year. That's all I need right now,but as I was leaving I backed into the bumper of a car that was in my blind spot. A nice Chrysler Sebring. I had no clue that it was behind me. Crap. So, I move my car back into where I was parked and proceed to look at the damage. Not much to my car, just a scrape in my plastic bumper, which I could care less about. I looked at the victim's car and really found nothing. Relief!! Not a paint scratch, no dents, just a potential buff that looked like you could wipe it off with a soft towel. SOOO, being the good person I am, I proceed to write down the make of the car and the tag number so that I may go back to the gym to have the owner paged so that I could inform them of what just happened. I just could not justify in driving away. That is not my nature. So, we have the person paged over the intercom as I was telling some of the other employees about my dilemma. I did not have a camera nor do I have a camera on my cell phone so there was no real way to take any pictures to prove that there was more than minimal damage. So the guy who gave me a tour of the facilities agreed to look at the damage with me, as I had planned to leave a note on this car in case they needed to contact me. Of course when I was debating this one of the other gym workers had put the bug in my ear that the owner of the car could accuse me of some damage that wasn't there and file a claim against me or something. (paranoia sets in.) So as I was walking out to a second survey with my gym host there was a lady walking with us, well dressed, probably in her 50s or more walking in the direction of this car that I had bumped. I asked her if that was her car.(yes.) Oh, I'm so glad I found you, I say...I accidentally bumped into the back of your car and I was just about to leave a note. (some relief that I found the owner.) Once I said that, this woman's body language quickly changed and she started to walk faster to her precious car. (I'm sure her dear hubby bought it for her as a gift.) Anyway, she was somewhat nice about it but took my name and number, I asked for hers and we pretty much left it at that. She couldn't see anything, I couldn't see anything but she had said that her car is always dirty and that her husband is more oberservant than she and he may see something that we don't. Whatever...go ahead and sue me. I have nothing. Geeze. So here I sit, anxiously awaiting a phone call from some crabby husband waiting to tear me a new one and threaten my livelyhood. I wonder if he'd accept a kidney...

Upon my return home from a long, guilt-ridden lunch, I realize that I forgot to pick up a prescription that I had called in this morning. Crap. It's just too damn hot to get back out for one item. Unless I make an excuse to go out for a drink, which I don't need but I am thirsty and did I mention how hot it is outside??? I am not looking forward to this evening. I've watched plenty of movies lately and I'm tired of sitting on my growing ass. I will not go on any shopping sprees because I'm trying to watch my budget. And oh yeah, my bank balance is all screwed. With the exception of a basket of clean clothes, the house is relatively clean. And thank God for that. I loathe the vaccuum and hate scrubbing out the shower. I wish I could afford a pool boy to cook and clean for me. That would be just lovely...but then again, I'll be taken to the cleaners shortly by a mad husband. Anyone got bail money?? I've got to be out by tomorrow...work bekons me this weekend. I wonder if I can blog in the slammer due to my good behavior.

cheers...cell mate 269389crapola elizinashe

1 comment:

Lee said...

You are such a goof! If that guy calls you, tell him to stick it!

I'm sending a package your way, it better help cheer you up!

Love you,
Nan