Friday, August 3, 2007

More Internet News Wonders


Internet news is a wonderful thing. I came across two stories that have just baffled my brain. Truly amazing. One is a 7 legged lamb that was born in New Zealand. (talk about a lot of lamb chops.) I didn't see how the mother ewe gave birth, I suppose it's possible to give birth naturally to a very unique offspring. Nature does have a funny way of making things work. Perhaps they did a cesarean birth. Either the blurb attached didn't say or I have already forgotten by now...short term memory problems, gotta love that. Anyway, it's just one of those 'wow' moments in the world of nature. What a gene pool, eh? I bet that lamb will be the fastest babe in the field.(ha-ha).

Story number two: a woman in Arkansas has given birth to her 17th child. OUCH!! And this blurb tells how she and her husband are talking about having more. WHAT??? ( no short term memory problems here folks.) Truly, it looks like this is a very happy family but seriously folks, I think there is a little OCD going on here. All the children's names start with the letter J. All seventeen of them. Are the parents not aware that there are 26 letters in our alphabet?? This woman's hormones must be off the charts. The blurb said she's been consistently pregnant for an average of 10 years. WHAT??? They must get one hell of a tax break. Kudos to them, seriously. I have a hard time some days with the kids I work with at the hospital but I always get to come home and leave their care in the next shift's hands. This woman is probably never away from her kids. How does she do it??? That's alot of diapers, colds, toilet paper, braces, food,food, food, sibling rivalry and so on and so on. This woman must be a saint. I'm curious how many psychologists are wanting to do a life study on this family. This certainly would be one for the books. Two thumbs up for this family. I'm sure it isn't easy but there is no doubt that there is alot of shannanigans among the siblings. Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall in that household for a day or two?? My question is when is enough going to be enough? Isn't she tired already? Geeze woman, when are you going to stop? Perhaps there's something in the water up there in their neck of the woods. I'll be sure to drink bottled water next time I'm in Arkansas.
elizinashe

3 comments:

Bernie said...

You give them two thumbs up. If they read your post, would they give you 34 thumbs up? 38 if you count the parents. :)

17 kids. I can't even imagine. I don't even have that many cousins.

elizinashe said...

that's alot of thumbs!! I bet they could put on one hell of a finger puppet show!! :) eliz

Lee said...

E-
That family is very strange indeed. I've read about them before. He is a State Rep. She homes schools all the kids and they wear the same thing every day. The older ones take care of the little ones...I think basically she takes care of the youngest and is the "teacher". It sounds horrible to me when I read about it. None of those children can seriously be getting the love and attention from their parents that they need and deserve.