Friday, August 31, 2007

For the Love of Music

There is a plus side to working night shifts at the hospital sometimes. As I was working with one of our nurses last week, she had pulled out her laptop and started to play some music as we were doing charting and other nightly duties. Hearing some music while working was a huge blessing to me, it's hard to work in complete silence. It makes it easy to fall asleep. Long story short, this was a website that is similar to internet radio. You log on and type in your favorite artist or song and your own personal station pops up, playing whoever you typed in and similar songs/artists will play also. It's a continual round of music tweaked to your liking. And being that my stereo has died and I haven't been able to replace it, this has been a most lovely find for my musical palate. I just can't get enough. I am soo loving this!! I can work around the house, do other computer work as I am doing now, do my homework and listen to music without having to change CDs on my poor substitute for a stereo. And if there is a song that I don't like I can reject it and another song will pop up. And it's FREE!! Now that's a real bonus!!
So for all you music fans out there check out Pandora Radio. It's a beautiful thing! I doubt that you'd be disappointed. elizinashe

No comments: