Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Fall Fun

Duh! It's a Flower...
I had company in town this past weekend.  It was fun to catch up with my fellow fiend (yes, fiend) and his girlfriend, galavanting around town, taking pictures, drinking wine and eating good food.  I think I should have such weekends more often.  It certainly recharged my soul.  

I also had a surprise and a somewhat emergent visit that same weekend from one of my bestest girlies and her 6 year old boy.  They had been camping with her sister-in-law and her son when my friend's son got sick and had been vomiting.  Poor thing.  Lucky for me that I was away from work and had a warm, clean place for them to crash for the night.  I was more than excited to have them sleep over despite the circumstances.  Plus, they were my first peeps to use my 'California' bathroom which is most fitting since the theme of this silly guest bathroom involves my friend who came over.  Funny how life works out sometimes.  Hopefully their next visit will on a more healthier note.  

I took my weekend guests to the Biltmore House on Monday.  Man, I forget how magnificent that place can be.  It's a real stunner.  The trick is getting there early so you can 'beat the crowds' and take your time visiting the house and gardens.  It never ceases to amaze me when you take that short walk from your parking area to the main grounds which lead you to the front of the house.  And it's always fun to take someone who has never been and see their reaction to that 'Ah ha!' moment.  If you haven't been, you should go sometime.  You won't be disappointed.  I promise.  
The Biltmore Estate


After a long hiatus, I used my 'real' camera for the first time in couple of years.  I got some pretty good shots over the weekend.  Got some good ones with my phone too.  I really like using my camera but the smart phone technology has made it all too easy to use the camera that's attached to your device. And then of course, you pretty much immediately post the said camera phone pic on your Facebook.  And that's okay too.  I just want to continue to hone in on my camera skills which means using a real camera and not the phone, although the 'smart phones' these days takes some pretty good pictures these days.  By the way, the pics of the Lion and the flowers came from my phone.  What ya think?
Biltmore Lion

Sadly my weekend came to a close and it was back to the grind and back to work during the midweek.  At least I had a good 'refresher' of a weekend with some good friends and new memories.  Lots of pics to upload.  I hope I can transfer my pictures to my new computer without screwing things up.  I have yet to take pictures from my camera and load it up to my Mac so it will be a new experience for me.  I have the next two days off until I go back to work for the weekend so I have added that to my 'to do' list.  Along with making dinner and test driving a new soup recipe.  It's gonna get cold this weekend!  Glad I washed my winter coat.  I might need it.  Brrrr.....elizinashe

No comments: