Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thursday Ramblings

When did buying groceries become so damn expensive?  Especially if it's healthy foods.  Seems like everything starts at $3.50 and continues to increase.  Sheesh...It's so hard to buy food just for one person not to mention a family of four. ( Or more if you're like the Duggars. haha..)  Just a few basics for me is easily thirty bucks.  And for a few items that doesn't last but a week if at that.  Wish I liked Ramen noodles.  

I really like having my blog.  And as you may notice, I usually post a picture.  I just can't help it.  I need something visual to go along with my rant.  I especially like this picture.  I find it pretty cool in an artsy sort of way.  I'd like to have my pictures taken in this sort of fashion.  I think it would be fun.  Maybe I should add that to my bucket list. 

I could care less about Beyonce and Jay Z.  I think they so highly egocentric.  Although I do like a couple of Beyonce's songs and she can sing, all she really does is wear skimpy costumes, shake her ass and flip her hair.  A lot.  If I wanted a Vegas show I'd to go Vegas.  

I don't know why people are griping about U2 downloading their new album on everyone's iTunes.  Yes, I get the creep factor that it feels like someone 'broke in' to your account and without your permission, however, it's U2!  And it's free!  Yes, a bit of egomania came into the play of things not to mention a huge payout to the band to do so, but still....it's a free U2 album!  Unless you really don't like them at all then I can see why you'd be a bit pissed.  Have people forgotten that they don't have to download it?  And you can always delete it from your album list so get over it.  Just sayin'.   

This whole Ebola thing kinda frightens me.  And I work in the healthcare setting.  I don't think our country is prepared for this kind of mess.  We have had this assumption that horrible diseases like Ebola will never reach shores.  But you know what, it did! And I am sure that there will be more diseases to arrive, it's just a matter of time.   So now the CDC is scrambling to take precautions.  And shame on you Texas Health Presbyterian for not providing your staff with proper equipment to protect themselves! I get it if you weren't properly trained or had proper equipment but geeze.. you could have called Emory and/or the CDC and had Fed Ex'd needful equipment or have it flown in on a plane.  How stupid.  And I have questions for that nurse that decided to get on a plane AFTER she had helped treat that man who had DIED from Ebola.  Bad nursing judgement.  I do hope both of those nurses recover.  

I have friends coming into town this weekend.  It will be such a nice break from work not to mention time with some really good people.  I am certain that there will be much wine, food and pictures at hand.  And that is fine by me.  Haven't had that in a while.  Well, okay..since July but you get the picture.  Working nights can wreak a little havoc on your social life but I guess nursing school pretty well prepared me for that.  Okay..so I guess I'm done ranting for a while.  See ya next time...elizinashe

No comments: