Monday, March 16, 2015

Oh Paris....

Did She Get Caught in a Net?
Oh 'Fashion Week', how I love thee.  You give me such joy to see such ridiculousness.  How could stuff like this be so...fashionable? 

Apparently the new trend is "facial art".  Ranging from make-up to jewelry to temporary tattoos.  Whatever...jewelry, yes.  In good taste.  Make-up...again in good taste.  Tats?  Only if you've been in prison.  But whatever. What do I know?  I'm a jeans and t-shirt kinda gal.  

Now I will say, some of this trendy temporary face tattoo stuff can be kinda groovy.  Especially if there is glitter involved.  Or if you're dressing up as a fairy.  Hopefully it will wash off.  
Get Her Some Glitter!

Some of this other stuff really kills me.  Cracks me up it does.  I guess the 80's really are coming back.  Neon colors and all.  Didn't Boy George start this trend twenty years ago?  When it was new and cool?  Just asking... And what's up with those dish gloves? 
Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?...

I don't know what to say about this one.  It looks like something that would be used on a psych ward way back when, minus the Steve Jobs inspired Apple looking ear bobs.  It wouldn't surprise me if some psych wards still used something similar to this today.  You know...for those patients who are 'spitters'.  Looks like Hannibal Lector spawned a child.  Fava beans, anyone?  
You Think She Drinks Chianti?

I just don't know what to say about this next one.  Ew...maybe?  Again, I see some sort of Russian influence...maybe it's the insinuation of a lot of facial hair which kept the men warm in those bitter cold days...living in a bitter cold country...with lots of liquor.  Just a thought.  Is it wrong that I want to shave her face?  Even if it is jewelry? 
Vodka, I Drink Vodka...

Does This Count? 
Anyway...just a few quick jabs in the wee hours of the night.  You never know what you might find on the internet.  And stuff like this is just too precious not to forget.  Good stuff, folks.  Good stuff.  I think I will stick with the mug I got and forget all this new facial fashion.  I've never been a trendy girl anyway...but thanks for the fodder.  elizinashe

No comments: