Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Who Are Your Peeps?

Amen To That! 
Friends. They come in all shapes and sizes throughout your life.  Some friends are made in childhood, others in adulthood.  Some friends are just temporary.  Some are for life.  Others are really just not friends at all.  

I am proud to say that one of my best friends is from my days of youth a many, many moon ago.  We've known each other since the 1st grade.  Yep.  First grade.  We graduated high school together and lived one block apart.  She was, and still is my rock.  That's a long time to be friends.  

My other BFF's were founded in high school,  college and in my adult years.  I can't imagine my life without them.  Each of these ladies, (and a man mind you,)  have a common core to which we all have bonded.  I can't imagine my life without them at this point and I know my life has been enrichened and inspired by them all.  And although we all live miles apart, when we do get the chance to visit, it is as if we had just seen each other last week.  I guess that common thread never really leaves despite the miles or the time.  

Other friends are just a passing through.  A stepping stone if you will.  They are good for the short term, perhaps a patch for those "in between days".  But in reality, not so much for life.  Or at least, not in that close, uplifting sort of way.  And those kind of friends are okay too.  They do serve a purpose for that time, and then you silently drift apart without the sorrow in your heart.  And those  friendships you still learn from as well.  You learn what you really want from your friends and what you do not.  I try to leave my bitterness in it's own world and move forward with an open heart, forgiveness and understanding.  No, I am not sad.  Not at all.  I am more fulfilled than most could say.  My friends are amazing. They continue to inspire me and revitalize my soul.  Isn't that what friendship is all about anyway?  

I look forward to adding more delicious souls to my circle of peeps.  I think I've got a pretty good crew around me and there is always room for more.  One of these days, I'd like to get all my special friends together for one big party, so I can have them all in one big room.  I think it would be one heck of a celebration.  Not to mention having a lot of people to hug, squeeze and kiss.  Who doesn't like doing that?  I celebrate my all friends near and far.  My life is so much better with them in it.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  elizinashe
Cheers Ya'll! 

No comments: