Tuesday, March 3, 2015

How Much Would You Pay?

DMB Show # 7
Times sure have changed.  As it will continue to do as we all get older.  But man, when I hear how much people pay for tickets whether it be a game or a concert it sometimes blows my mind.  

I went to a really good show last night at a small local venue.  Tickets were about $30.  Perfect.  And the show itself was well worth the money.  I hope to see them again.  Soon.  

But, the bigger the act, the bigger the ticket price.  I've spent close to $100 total for a ticket and my share of parking for Dave Matthews and I didn't mind a bit.  I'd do it again.  But even his ticket prices are beginning to climb.  I blame it on the venue.  One of these days I will spend really big bucks for front row seats and a meet & greet.  I can promise you that.  
Love Me Some Dave

I hear that the Grateful Dead are doing a 'reunion' tour.  Dead Heads are ecstatic.  I've never been a fan of the Dead, but I get it.  However, ticket prices have become so ridiculously outrageous that it's hard to wrap my head around it all.  Tickets pretty much start around $1100 and there are rumors, or shall I say reports, that some tickets are going for $24,000.  Yep.  $24K.  Who can afford that?   That's just stupid. That I don't get.   

The Burning Man thing must be some kind of big deal.  A weekend of music, camping, artistic expression and lighting things on fire.  In the desert.  With tons of other people.  Sweaty, dirty smelly people.  Ew.  And tickets are going from $300-800 for the event.  Again, I don't get it.  If I'm spending $800 on a weekend, there better be a big, fat bed involved with some spa treatment and fabulous food.  Cooked to order and not from some food truck.  Just sayin.  

Speaking of musical acts...I wonder who the lucky dogs were to caught awesome bands back in the day such as The Beatles and Led Zepplin.  Can you imagine paying $5 & $6 bucks for these dudes?  Man...what a dream bargain.  And what a story to tell to your kids.  Or even your grandchildren.  Awesome.  
Check Out the Date!

By the way...what the hell is " I am the Walrus" all about anyway?  The drugs back then must have been way groovy.  Just sayin'.  elizinashe   
Taxes Sure Were Cheap Back Then...

1 comment:

Bernie said...

I saw the Grateful Dead in 1975. Tickets were $10, which I couldn't afford at the time, but they did an extra show for $5 and I went to that one. Crazy.