Saturday, February 28, 2015

Blah & Bleh

Feeling Twisty....
We finally got walloped with the snow Wednesday night.  Unfortunately I got walloped too.  I got sick at work, right before I was to clock in for my shift.  Totally sucked.  Didn't see it coming.  At all.  It pissed me off and kinda freaked me out.  It was a very uncomfortable feeling and I wouldn't wish that kind of ick on anyone.  Not even on my worst enemy.  Not that I really have one, but you get my point.  Let's just say it was a horrible feeling in all aspects.  

I have a good friend who has been going through his own medical issues.  For the most part, it's just a lot of tests and follow up tests.  Health wise he's great.  But it's very frustrating for him nonetheless.  I have faith that he will continue to be in good health and strive to live his life to the fullest potential as he's always got something exciting lined up and plans on living to 100 years young.  Not a bad goal to have.  Plus he's got a great girlfriend to be by his side to help him if he's unable to drive or needs monitoring.  And that's a good thing.  I however, don't have a 'go to' person to help me when I am really sick.  Guess I need to work on that.  

All this winter mess and stress is beginning to wear on my own mentality.  I'm really sick of it.  I've never been really good at making social plans ahead of time, plus I'm pretty independent so it's no big deal if I'm at home on a Friday night.  But it sure does get old sometimes.  Most of my friends have the typical Monday thru Friday job with holidays and weekends off.  I've never known that world.  Probably never will. And that's okay.  I don't think I would be happy otherwise.  I just need to work on my planning skills and allow myself to have more fun.  I do believe I inherited my father's work ethic....work too damn much.  Guess I need to work on that too.

I love my cat.  He's been a great companion and I wouldn't trade him for anything.  But he's going through a super picky eating phase right now which is driving me nuts.  I guess he's allowed given his age, but still...eat your damn food!  What's funny is he's really picky about certain textures and sometimes flavors.   Sliced vs. Minced.  Shredded vs. Chunky.  Beef vs. Chicken.   One brand vs. another.  Seriously?  Eat your damn food.  Such a putz.  But...he's my cat.  And he cracks me up.  I just wish he'd eat what's been put in front of him.  I'm tired of going to the pet food store every week to pick up his flavor of the week.  Sheesh!  elizinashe  

One Spoiled Mess

1 comment:

Bernie said...

And you better be at his 100th birthday party. :)