Monday, February 2, 2015

A Monday Snow

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow
Well, we've made it this far into the winter season without tons of snow.  Today is our first real taste.  It won't amount to too much, just an inch or so but the temperatures will drop which will make the roads fairly slick.  Especially the black ice.  Yikes!  

It started to snow a bit earlier than expected and the temps were hovering around freezing.  Depending on the source you read.   Regardless, I whittled my five errands down to two and took my butt back home.  I live on a big hill and I wasn't about to attempt to drive up that incline when the roads do get a bit dicey.  

So, on this lazy snowy Monday, it will force me to catch up on some household duties that I have chosen to ignore like Thank You cards, Valentine cards, laundry and if I'm really productive vacuuming.  I've already gone to the store so I'm good in the food department.  I really wanted to road test a new 'macaroni and cheese' recipe that I found online.  Now you've got to understand,  Mac n Cheese is my crack.  I have very little will power when it comes to my favorite childhood dish.  So I try to avoid it at all costs because I will eat a big heaping pile of it.   However, I found a recipe that uses pureed butternut squash, cheddar cheese and Gruyere  cheese.  Mmmm....sounds delicious and more healthy.  But, when I scoped out the Gruyere it was more expensive than I wanted to pay for just for an experimental dish.  I might need to search some other dishes so I can use up all that expensive cheese.  It's definitely on my list of things to try.  Gotta have that crack fix.  haha...Until next time...elizinashe
A Little Valentine Color

No comments: