Monday, February 16, 2015

At Least I'm Not in Boston

Stupid Arctic Blast...
Well, it came.  Our wintery weather has descended upon us and it's nasty out there.  My neighborhood is completely covered with a layer of snow with a nice sheet if ice upon it.  Our roads are a gleaming white.  I'm thankful that I've been able to be at home today.  Tomorrow might be the chance to escape and run amok among the public before all this mess refreezes.  I'd much rather have snow than this ice crap but I am certain our New Englanders might beg to differ at this point. 

Being that I've had some leisurely time today, I've spent some time straightening up what is to be my guest bedroom.  It's slowly coming along and once I get the bed and box springs I will be one step closer.  It's kinda fun to decorate in this manner.  I want my guest bedroom to be nice and cozy with my own little twist.  Who wants a traditional room?  

My dad keeps telling me what he wants to bring out when he comes to visit.  Sheesh...he keeps 'finding' me stuff.  Some of the stuff will be coming from the house I grew up in.  I do appreciate him thinking of me and he has already sent me some really nice things to help set up my new digs this past year, but the other stuff he talks about I don't think it's gonna be my style.  So how do you tell your dad to stop?  He typically picks out very traditional items, or stuff that my mother would choose which is totally not my style, but that is what he thinks I like because that is what he knows.  He had talked about renting a small truck and hauling his own car so he can bring me some furniture from home, one including my grandparents bedroom stuff, which I would like at some point, but mostly I just want my dad to come and visit.  I don't think he realizes how much of a pain in the ass it would be to haul a truck with furniture and his own car on a trailer out to my place.  Not to mention I really don't have the parking space for a truck, trailer and a car even if it's for 24 hours as he assumingly assumed.  I hope he hears me on that note.  What really needs to happen is that I need to make a trip back home and help clear out the house of unwanted crap, sell what needs to be sold and take what I need back here.  However, I just don't want to do that.  It's kinda painful to return home sometimes.  And I will leave it at that.  

I don't care what you say, cats are pretty damn smart.  I've had my cat for 18 years now.  Yep, eighteen.  He's got his 'old man' issues but for the most part, he's pretty damn healthy.  However, being a cat, he gets into things that he's not supposed to and jumps up on areas where he is not supposed to be.  And all I have to do is give him that verbal command/warning and he obeys with a complaint.  Or at least most of the time.  (He is a cat after all.)  I've always had dogs growing up, and I do miss having a dog.  But I feel like I just don't have the time to dedicate to having another furry friend even though I'd love to have one.  Having a cat surprisingly suits me and I can't imagine my life without one.  Well, I could but I won't.  Hecubus loves being the only cat now as I had two previously and he is all about me.  And that's okay.  There's something to be said about how having pets enrichen our lives, which I do believe is a good thing. 

As for our nasty weather, I am thankful that I have a nice, warm place to call home.  I know there are many who don't.  I know there are many who are struggling to stay warm and keep food in their bellies.  I wish I could do more to help for those in need.  Nobody should ever be cold or be hungry.  I think that's got to be a pretty miserable feeling.  We are looking at some below zero temperatures at night this coming week.  I'm not happy about that.  But when I think about it, there are many more people that will be struggling with the negative temperatures other than myself.  So I will do my best to keep my mouth shut and keep my prayers said.  I hope everyone has a nice warm place to sleep and food in their belly because that's a good feeling to have.  Sleep tight ya'll and keep those in need in your prayers.  It never hurts.   elizinashe

No comments: