Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Work It Girl !

Is She a Buggle?
Ahh...Fashion Week, how I have missed writing about you.  Guess I've found other things to write about that seem more fun and/or ridiculous.  (Duggars.)  But alas, I just couldn't help myself...you do give me some good fodder to focus on.  Shall we start? 

Now I know, fashion is inspired by many things.  History, politics, the economy, the media and so on and so on...however some looks are just downright frightening.  I am almost certain that this look is supposed to be some sort of artistic statement but to me it's just horrifying.  Maybe the designer has some sort of clown fixation.  Regardless, it creeps me out.  Why does Tim Curry pop into my head when I see this?  
David Bowie Could Do This..


Did you know that the first Barbie was created in 1959 by some lady who happened to be a co-owner of Mattel?  The doll was named after her daughter Barbara.  Not too surprising.  But what I didn't know is that Barbie had a full name.  Barbie Millicent Roberts.  She was supposed to be a teen fashion model.  And apparently the clothes for Barbie were styled after the latest runway trends from Paris.  Wonder if this trend came from Barbie herself.  I think she's already worn that look twenty some odd years ago.  Maybe they're trying to bring back the 80's look.  
I'm a Barbie Girl....

Speaking of the past, this next bit reminds me of the old days of Russia.  Not that I spent any time there, but I can't help but be reminded of the Old World Europe where aristocracy ruled and the ladies wore shitloads of clothing.  Mostly to stay warm I would assume and rightly so.  However, I wonder how much this thing weighs?  And where in the hell would you wear it to?  A masquerade ball?  Maybe on a shopping spree so you can shoplift and hide your goods under you dress.  Just a thought.  
Give Her Some Vodka!


And how can we forget the men?  I haven't seen too much ridiculousness for menswear, but the purposely open fly for this new look is just about stupid.  It even made the news believe it or not.  Do we not have enough 'privates' showing from all those baggy ass pants?  I don't want to see some guy's ass crack or his underwear when I'm out in public.  It doesn't look cool and it doesn't turn me on.  I'd much rather undress my guy in the privacy of my own home thank you very much.  So why would I want to see some dude's penis playing peek-a-boo due to an open fly.  Again, I'd rather see that stuff in my private world.  Besides, what if it's some nasty, unattractive guy walking around wearing those pants?  Oh the horror!  Ugly dude, penis sticking out.  Think about it.
XYZ Dude...



As for me, give me a nice classic style.  Dress me up that little black dress, or in this case a nice green one.  I could go for something like that.  Couldn't you?  Just don't set me up with a date that is missing a zipper on his pants.  Or a clown.  Or a clown missing a zipper on his pants.  That would be a nightmare for certain.  Until next time....elizinashe
 I Do Like Wearing Green....

2 comments:

augusta777 said...

So ugly
Out fits

elizinashe said...

ugly is an understatement. sure does crack me up to see these concoctions.