Saturday, February 14, 2015

It Ain't Spring Yet

Baby It's Cold Outside!
We are due for another Arctic Blast this weekend.  This time we might get some of that sleet snow crapola down here in the city.  Our neighboring counties usually get hit first, but us city folk just might get a good hit as well.  Good thing I'm off for those days.

My 'fiendly ' blogging competition that's not really a competition is coming along.  My friend is ahead of me by five posts.  By the time I post this it will be down to four, unless he feverishly blogs again this weekend.  Haha...and that will be okay.  I kinda feel like I've lit a fire under this keyboard and therefore he's writing more just to 'win the game'.  Not that it's a real game between us but it does seem like we've begun a new challenge with each other.  I think that will keep us both motivated to write more frequently and more creatively. I still have ten months to get ahead.  haha..

One of my coworkers laughed at me for not knowing how to navigate the Google + search engine.  Whatever.  I'm not so savvy on the latest and greatest technology stuff.  It's just a sensory overload for me.  I can 'join' the Google + world and possibly get more readers for my blog out of it, but I'm not sure that if I want to join another 'group' so to speak.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole thing.  Guess I need to Google that, eh?  

People never cease to amaze me.  Mostly for the better.  Or so I think.  The others, not so much.  The lack of common sense astounds me at times.  What others deem as urgently important is really not that big of a deal.  It's just shallow and stupid.  But I guess if that's what is important to them, then it means something.  It just doesn't mean anything to me.  I'm glad I have enough foresight to not engage in such stupidity.  At least most of the times.  Guess I need to practice more kindness and understanding.  Or maybe I'm doing it right by just walking away from drama like that.  I think I will focus more on the positive side of things.  That seems to inspire me more and it's better for my soul by all means.  And that's a good feeling to have.  Don't want to lose that.  Until next time...elizinashe.

No comments: