Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Superbowl & Mistakes

Get Ready Arizona!
It's Superbowl Stupor Bowl!  Get your game face on and drink up!  Isn't that what we're supposed to do?  I typically join other bar flies at a local joint that I frequent, however I'm not going tonight.  I'm just not feeling it.  I do like watching the game although I'm really not pulling for any single team but I do like to watch a good game.  And oh yeah, the 'half-time show' is a good watch, depending on who's performing.  But it's usually too loud to really hear the performance anyway because of all the game watchers packed into whatever venue you have parked yourself at yelling and screaming not to mention all the TV's are turned up to the max which is nothing but a sensory overload.  Why do they have to crank up all those television's up to the loudest point anyway?  Hurts my ears just to think about it.  

How do you handle mistakes?  Do you freak out or do you just curse and move on?  Does it depend on the significance of the mistake?  Do you feel guilty?  Or do you just chalk it up to a 'dumbass' moment?  I had a fairly significant mistake at work last nite.  One factor was a computer error, but for the most part, it does fall on me as I just did not follow my usual routine nor did I double check as I should have.  No real harm done, unless you count smacking my face on the counter as I attempted to lie my head down for a brief moment of despair.  Ugh...Once I realized what I had done I had a bit of a panic attack and a huge wave of guilt fell upon me.  I've had those moments before.  That uneasy sinking feeling that you really fucked up and your head begins to waver and if you stand up you know that you will fall straight down onto the floor.  God, I hate it when I feel that way. Not only do I feel like a complete and total dumbass but it's also humiliating.  However, I recovered fairly quickly and followed up on what I was supposed to do when you fuck up.  I know it won't be my last work mistake, however I hope it doesn't happen like that for a long, long time.  Lesson learned.  We are supposed to learn from our mistakes, right?  
Damn It!

Give Me Some Lenny!
So it's Super Bowl Sunday and this chic is choosing to stay at home on this cold, gray rainy evening.  I don't feel like being around a bunch of loud, drunk people and then drive home in the dark on wet rainy roads.  It's just too hard to see where I'm going.  Guess I'm getting old.  I really don't care to get too involved in watching the game, but truth be know, I do dig the ' Half Time Show. ' I could care less about Katy Perry.  I really don't like her music, plus I find her slightly annoying.  However, I'm excited that Lenny Kravitz is joining her for the show.  I dig me some Lenny.  Plus he's kinda hot.  I say give Katy the boot and have Lenny do the whole show.  In fact, why not just screw the whole football game itself and let's have a four hour show of Lenny!  Now that would be something I could watch from beginning to end.  Guess I need to keep wishing on that one, eh?  Hope you enjoy the game.  Or the show.  Whatever floats your boat.  

By the way, if you haven't seen this weather clip from Arizona check it out.  Apparently there was a computer glitch of some sort and the weather guy just went with it.  Totally hilarious.  Hopefully Glendale isn't sweltering and at a 'total loss'.  Haha...gotta love it.  Enjoy!  elizinashe

http://fox4kc.com/2015/01/28/arizona-is-apparently-boiling-but-meteorologist-keeps-his-cool-in-funny-news-blooper/ 

No comments: