Thursday, January 22, 2015

Miscellaneous Stuff

Wonder What's Behind That Door?
Working nights has its ups and downs.  The 'Up' is that I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn and wander into work bleary eyed still trying to wake up.  The shift differential pay ain't so bad either.  The 'Down' is that I tend to be awake in the wee hours of the night even in my off time when most people are sleeping.  And so I write.  And surf the internet.  

In efforts to entertain myself I watch TV,  think of things I want to do to the house and look up countless recipes and bookmark the said recipes in hopes of giving them a road test in my kitchen.  I have plenty of soup and pasta dishes earmarked to make a feast out of.  But when it comes time to go to the grocery store, I forget all those recipes that I've saved and my mind goes blank on what to make for dinner.  Ugh...Need to work on that.  

Have you seen that show on FX called "Freak Show"?  Man...I must say whoever came up with the concept is pretty twisted and really pushes the limits when it comes to a television series.  I've watched it a few times but it has me hooked.  Sadly, the series is coming to an end and a new version of this "American Horror Story" will come around, as it's some part of a trilogy or something like that.   If you haven't checked it out yet I recommend that you find it on Netflix or HuLu.  It's not for the faint at heart either.  And yes, there are real 'freaks' that play in the series.  Kinda cool.  I think.  

My printer/scanner isn't working for some reason which pisses me off.  I need to print off my student loan tax document, but the paper feeder isn't picking up any paper.  Therefore, it thinks the paper tray is empty.  Which is not the case.  Ugh.  I've turned it off and on, opened the back end of it to see if there is anything that is jammed, stuck, broken and so forth.  Can't find a damn thing.  I've also scanned a couple of pictures, which works fine but the picture doesn't save to my computer for some reason despite the dialog box says it's scanning to my picture folder.  That's nothing but the computer not communicating with my scanner but it pisses me off just the same.  I've searched all my files and its just not there.  What's really frustrating is that the day before my printer decided that it didn't have any paper, I had printed an attendance sheet for work so I could have a copy in case they lost the original.  And I have scanned pictures before and it had saved to my computer just fine.  So what's the deal?  Jackass.  Guess I will have to do some more digging in the wee hours of the night.  Maybe if I hold my mouth open just right it will work again.  Haha...Until next time...elizinashe

No comments: