Monday, January 19, 2015

Lost, Missing & Unpublished

Wouldn't You Love to Read These? 
I started this blog way back in 2007 which seems so long ago considering all the changes and challenges  I had encountered in my life between then and now.  Sometimes I go back and reread my posts to reflect and relive those moments.  Some moments I don't ever want to relive again, but I'm glad I had this blog to vent my frustrations as well as celebrate my achievements and happier times.  So far I've had 274 posts and 29 drafts.  Meaning, posts that haven't been published.  Sometimes you have a really good intent but the flow just isn't there so I save it in hopes of giving it new life.  I have a post, or shall I say draft that I have yet to 'touch up' and publish.  Maybe I will just keep it that way and go back to read it some other day so I can relive the happy occasion I was attempting to write about.  

There is such a thing called 'The Dead Letter Office'.  Apparently there are two or three of them here in the United States.  It's the postal office where letters and mail that is undeliverable or can't be delivered for whatever reason goes to live.  Lost mail, no recipient to be found or a no longer existing address.  Poor mail.  It makes me wonder if those long lost letters from war era days that magically reaches that loved one forty years later ends up in that office during that time is was 'lost.'  And who has the job to sort through all that dead letter mail?  And what about those long lost letters that finally reaches its destination?  How does it get lost in the first place?  Just curious. 

Did you know there is a store in Alabama that sells lost luggage items.  Yep.  Unclaimed baggage and it's contents that never finds its owner ends up in some store that some dude opened up back in the 1970s and sells the unclaimed contents.  How inventive.  His son  apparently owns the business now and it has become a 40,000 square foot store.  Sounds like a glorious Good Will.  I remember reading about this many years ago in the newspaper and kept that article in hopes of going there some day and checking it out.  I think that article has become lost itself.  Maybe it's in the Dead Letter Office.  However, I still want to go some day.  I think it would be a great road trip slash shopping spree.  I've always liked finding treasures.  Maybe I should put on my pirate gear and set sail.  Spring is on it's way ya know!  I've got some pillaging to do!  Arrgg!!  elizinashe

No comments: