Thursday, January 1, 2015

A New Year's Tidbit

Who Doesn't Like Glitter?
Happy New Year Ya'll!  

I think I've started this New Year off the right way.  Although I do love a good party with a small group of good people and loved ones, I stayed home last night which was totally okay with me.  I had worked the night before, which means I went to bed around 8:30AM that day.  

I got up around 2PM  so I wouldn't sleep all damn day and be all screwy.   Met some fellow bar flies early in the evening, had a couple of drinks and took a locally made pizza home.  And ate half of the said pizza.  Ugh...good thing I only eat pizza a couple times a year.  I truly have no self-control over pizza.  

Watched me some Dick Clark and texted a few friends, watched the ball drop and rang in the New Year with my 'old man' aka my cat.  Totally worth it.  Yeah, I would have liked to have spent my time with someone special and end it with a big sloppy kiss at midnight, but that just wasn't in the stars for me this year and I was not about to go out on the town...that's for beginners.  Totally not worth the drunken crowds nor a checkpoint.  I'm way smarter than that.  Plus, I really like being home...it gives me peace.  

Today was a slow start which included sitting outside on my deck in the sunshine on a chilly January day with a cup of coffee and a good smoke.   Shared a really great quote on my Facebook for that 'New Year's Inspiration' and met some long, lost studymates who have now become a part of my circle of girlfriends for the traditional New Year's fare.  Which was totally more important to me than going out the night before to do endless shots to prove how much I can drink.  

I feel blessed and lucky and I am so damn glad that I have taken this time off from work because I totally needed it.  And I totally needed my time with my new found 'girls'.  Next weekend will be time with one of my other BFFs and her husband and I cannot wait.  Yep, this New Year is starting off really well and I hope this trend will continue, as this past year has kept me so damn busy that I forget to 'take time for me'.  This year, I will make it a point to take better care of myself.  It is a must and that is that.  

I hope that your New Year starts off with a bang with lots of tight hugs and great kisses that make your knees wobble.  Cause who doesn't like that feeling?  Cheers ya'll!  See ya next time!  elizinashe

No comments: