Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Friendly Competition

What's In Your Blog? 
I started this little blog many, many moons ago for reasons to which I will spare you, as I tend to be long winded in my stories.  However, I met one of my really good friends through this blog as he had one of his own and we began to read each others stuff and eventually became really good friends despite that we live far apart.  

My friend, or fiend as we sometimes call each other, is a more experienced writer than I, and typically writes way more than myself.  However, this past year I have had more opportunities to write for a variety of reasons and my 'fiend', has slowed it down this past year.  Now, he does have a pretty good excuse for not posting so much, but that did not stop me from sending him teasing reminders here and there that I was ahead of him in the posting game, although we never really established a true competition. 

As 2014 was coming to a close, I looked at the year overall and had noticed that I had posted 42 times as he had only 32 postings.  I guess he really wasn't that behind after all, but I did like the fact that I had written way more than he had over the course of the year.  And of course, I had reminded him of that...haha...

Now 2015 is well on it's way and has kept me super busy which has put me behind in my writings.  As for my friend, he's posted six times so far in these first two weeks of January as I have only posted twice thus far.  This will be my third for the year.  I will say it's not from a lack of want, but a lack of time and a clear head.  These last couple of weeks have kept me busy but in a good way by spending time with dear friends and eating way too much food, even in these cold temperatures we have been experiencing.  I know my friend has been pretty busy too, but perhaps on a smaller scale, plus being that he lives in the DC area, it's been pretty dang cold up there too which means parking your butt at home more often because it's just too damn cold to go outside, therefore he has reason to write.  And oh yeah, perhaps the teasing reminders that I 'out did' him in the writing department may have fueled some fire for 2015. (wink, wink...) Guess I need to catch up, eh?  I'll let ya know who wins  in 12 months.  elizinashe