Monday, April 27, 2015

April Showers

A Rainy View...
You know what they say.."April showers bring May flowers".  Well, that certainly seems to be true thus far.  We've had a lot of rain this month..but that's just how it goes.  Can't really complain I suppose.  I'm just happy that my flowers that I bought a couple of weeks ago haven't drowned yet.  Sure would like some sun so they can get their Vitamin D.  

If something happened to you, who would know?  Meaning, if you had some sort of health scare, or God forbid, a serious car accident, who would be by your side?  Who will come and take care of your household responsibilities and/or your pets?  What if you have kids?  Do you have a spouse?  What if you're single?  Which one of your peeps will know what to do?  Just a few random things that have been running through my head lately.  Mostly due to I am surrounded by such matters in my work life, and I have had a couple of "health scares" myself.  Which really made me think.  I have good friends and really, really good friends.  However, I don't have that one "go to" person to help me out if such issues arise.  Guess I should work on that.  Life is short and you never really know.  

Speaking of Spring, I've been thinking of getting a year round pass to the Biltmore Estate so I can have an excuse to get out in pretty weather, go for a nice walk and take pictures, as that is one of my favorite hobbies to indulge myself with.  But...being that I tend to procrastinate, I fear that I may not use it as often as I should.  I need reason and purpose to motivate myself.  And being that I work nights, sometimes my day activities get delayed.  Guess I should stop making excuses and just do it.  The vacuum can wait and those pesky household duties aren't always a priority when I need to do something fun for me.  I need to practice that more.  

So what are you doing for fun this Spring?  And who are your "go to" peeps when you need help?  And do you ever think about that stuff?  And does your mind ever wander with such thoughts as these?  Just curious...until next time...Happy Spring!  elizinashe
I Need More Sun Please!

No comments: