Saturday, February 13, 2016

Dang It's Cold!

Poor Birdies....
Okay, I get it.  It's February and it's supposed to be cold.  But sheesh!  I'm tired of it!  What stinks is that we've had a pretty mild winter this year.  We've been a bit spoiled.  Heck, Christmas was almost 70 degrees.  Ahh...and now...Old Man Winter has settled in for a while.  Insert frowning face here.  

At least I have this weekend off.  And that's a good thing.  This past week at work has been challenging to say the least.  I wish the Doc's would listen to us measly nurses.  Just sayin'.  

So my big plans for my Valentine's weekend?  Make a mad dash to the grocery store to grab some basics and a few extra's for some recipes that I want to road test.  Hopefully I won't ' over do it' but that's a part of the fun I suppose, right?  I do like to cook when I have some time away from work.  It takes me a while to plan and plot.  Other times, I just go out...I get bored with the same old stuff.  And some of the recipes I have found make too much for one person, which is always a challenge.  If it freezes well, then I'm good.  Who wants to eat the same thing four nights a week?  Not me.  
Mmmm....

And so...this dangerous woman is living it large this weekend.  I did have an invite for dinner from my neighbor, but knowing myself, I really needed to have this weekend for me and do some hermitting.  It's how I recharge my soul.  I do have plans to get out in the day, but my goal is to be home by the evening with dinner plans brewing in my kitchen with a nice bottle of wine and parking my butt on the couch.  That's not too terribly bad, eh?  

Until next time...elizinashe

No comments: