Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Food, Neighbors & Independence

Mmmm...
I really need a better hobby other than food.  I do like to cook and when I can't sleep at night, I find links to new and exciting recipes that I gloss over and then "pin it" to my ever growing Pinterest food board.  Sheesh!  I spend plenty of money on food anyway...I don't need an excuse to spend more.  At least the recipes I choose are healthy.  

Speaking of food, my neighbor is a fellow foodie.  He likes to go out to eat and has some favorite hot spots downtown that he likes to frequent.  Which is not a bad thing, but he's also an early riser and one of those "three square meals" a day kind of fellow.  I've never really been one of those.  Even in childhood.  So lunch for me, at the typical 12 noon to 1 o'clock kind of deal is a bit of a struggle especially since I work nights and my body pretty much stays in a delayed kind of fashion.  I need to work on that I guess...anyway, we had lunch plans today and headed downtown.  It was a chilly but sunny day after a weekend of cold, crappy wintery weather.  It was nice to get out, but I so wasn't that hungry.  Glad I found a nice small salad to get me going for the day.  And that was enough.

As we were coming back to the neighborhood, my lunch companion had asked me why I wasn't married yet.  Good question.  I really have no clear answer for that.  I guess the older that I have gotten, the more independent I have become.  I've never been one to always be in a relationship, but when I am, it's a pretty committed and serious deal for me.  I don't take it lightly.  And the men that I have had relationships with just didn't work out.  For one reason or another.  Maybe I'm too selfish.  Maybe I'm smart.  I can tolerate quite a bit, but I won't take a bunch of crap either.  Maybe it's just not meant to be....I don't know.  Wish I did have an answer for that.  

And so...life continues...I have one more night of freedom before the work stuff kicks in for the week.  Good thing is I will have really yummy leftovers to take for my meal.  Which is way better than midnight cafeteria food.  Now...what to cook tomorrow night?  elizinashe
I Need to Do More of This!

No comments: