Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Angel In Disguise?

Little Things Can Mean So Much
I had an unusual experience today while driving around town running errands.  And when I thought about it a bit more, it seems like I've been having frequent "unusual experiences".  I guess you could say it's more of a Good Samaritan experience vs. something strange or not common.

Example you say?  Well, for one, I found a man's wallet lying by an ATM on a late Sunday afternoon a few weeks back.  There was no one else around, the bank was closed and the overnight depository was made for envelopes and not for something bulky, like some dude's wallet.

I could not in good conscience leave the wallet there.  I'd hate to think that some random person would discover this wallet and steal all that he/she could.  That would just suck.  So I turned the wallet into the Lost & Found at the grocery store that was in the same complex with hopes of management tracking this man down and returning his belongings.

And that was just one experience of many the last three months.

Today, I saw a little old lady walking down a very busy road next to our municipal golf course walking pretty much in traffic and not in the grass.  She stuck out like a sore thumb so to speak.  No purse, no golf gear, not even looking for a lost golf ball.  She truly seemed out of place and perhaps a bit lost.  You just don't see little old gray haired ladies walking down a city road everyday.  So I called the police department to voice my concerns and encourage them to go and pick her up.  I gave them my story, a description of what she looked like and where she was going.  I hope they got to her before she got hit by some driver because that could have totally happened.

I have had other incidences that I have encountered recently to which I will spare you the details.   But when I reflect on the last few months and these little encounters that I have found, I can't help but wonder why me?  Maybe it was "meant to be" .  Maybe if I ignored such things, that a negative outcome would have occurred as a result.  Maybe it's a new calling?  Not that I go and search for this sort of thing, but rather just "happened to be there".

I hope that old lady is safe.  And I hope that guy got his wallet back.  They say good deeds don't go unpunished.  I guess I will know someday that these small good deeds will be repaid when I need it.  In the meantime, I will continue to move forward in my life, watch over my aging kitty and make time for the little things.

May we all be blessed and may we all remember to be kind to each other, even if it's a stranger.  Until next time...elizinashe
It's a Big World Out There!

No comments: