Monday, September 11, 2017

I Think I'm a Romantic

😊 Hearts Make Me Happy 😊
I've never been one to always have a boyfriend or even have a date every weekend.  Hell, I can't even remember when I actually had a real date or a boyfriend as a matter of fact.  But I still have hope...

I've never really been big on flowers or a box of chocolates although that is nice every now and then.  I do like the little things though.  That little kiss on the back of the neck, maybe a slow dance or two and small gestures without the assumption of sex or some other form of a payback. 

I watched a romantic movie earlier tonight, one that I've seen a dozen times but the story in itself was lovely.  It wasn't one of those super sappy romances but one that builds on friendship and trust and then blossoms into love.  I kind of like that.  I am now on another romantic movie, loosely based on a true story.  Again, I like the story line.  It's not too sappy and the movie shows how this one couple rebuilds their life after tragic events and rediscover each other again and fall in love like they did the first time around.  Peppered with first time dates and building on a friendship, leaving their past behind.  Oh yeah, I've seen the all of the newer Jane Austen movies derived from her books too.

Does this make me a secret romantic? 

In my younger years, I aspired to have a relationship like my grandparents had instead of my own parents.  I'm not sure why, other than the way my grandparents met and they way they always worked together as a couple inspired me.  Yes, they had the struggles and arguments but they worked through those waters and always kissed each other everyday.  They were married for 60 plus years before my grandfather passed away.  That's a lot of years folks.  And a lifetime of love and memories.  I like that.

I don't think I will make it to 60 years of marriage.  Hell, I'd do well if I can even keep a guy for more than a year.  But again, I still have hope.  There is a part of me that has always believed that I'm just going to be that girl who has random boyfriends and never really will have a partner to stick with me until the bitter end.  I'm kind of okay with that and kind of not. 

In the meantime, I guess I will stick with my movies, memories of my grandparents and live vicariously through my friends who have wonderful and just as inspiring relationships.  I admire that too.  And maybe one of these days, I will write my own romantic story and live that life outside of the movie screen.  Until next time...elizinashe
💕 What's Your Romantic Story?  💕

No comments: