Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Restless, Bored & Wide Awake

Ever Have One of These Nights?
Ah..the night shifter blues....

It's late and I should be in bed like a normal person, but I am not.  I'm a bit restless, bored with the television and wide awake.  Ugh..

I suppose I could do a little cleaning but I'm just not motivated.  I did load up the dishwasher and turned it on, so that counts right? 

I've done pretty good knocking out my "to do" list the last couple of days.  My main goal was to get a few errands out of the way before Irma's leftovers hovered over our part of the world.  She sure was a bitch.  We've had steady rain since late afternoon and our nighttime hours were flavored with some high winds and some a gusty blasts that left you a bit nervous.  There are numerous trees down in the area and some folks are without power.  So far I'm good.  My lights flickered for a bit and I did lose some power for about 5 seconds.  And that's about it.  I'm so glad I moved away from my previous residence as I am sure the trees around that place were soon to come down on a windy night.  Sheesh!

I had hoped that the eclipse were to bring good ju-ju and a new beginning.  It seems like it's been quite the opposite.  We have horrible fires out west, two significant hurricanes and an earthquake in Mexico between the said earthquakes.  Mother Nature sure ain't happy.  Maybe she's trying to tell us something.  Maybe this is Mother Nature's way of resetting the game.  Guess time will tell...

In the meantime, I will continue to flip through the cable with hopes of finding something that will catch my attention for a bit, maybe step outside for a smoke and hit the hay within the hour.  I still have a few things to knock out before I return to work and I need some normal daylight hours in order to get it all done.   Keeping fingers crossed.   Until next time...elizinashe
Tomorrow is a New Day

No comments: