Friday, May 24, 2019

Adulthood...

😣 I'm Not Ready!  😣
Well, my short bucket list has been scratched off.  Whew! 

House is clean, including the oven, WiFi set up and my Roku account growing.  Amazon app added with a watch list to keep me entertained for a while. 

Dad has arrived safe and sound.  Only two items from the home I grew up in brought across state lines.  No more junk.  A big fat dinner has been had with help from my newly cleaned oven. 

Now...my air conditioning is not working as expected.  UGH!  And of course, with the holiday weekend beginning it would be the hottest weekend we have had thus far.  Really?  Why are the Gods against me now?  I really don't need my "series of threes" to begin now.  But then again, there is never a convenient time for unexpected adult life situations.  I keep forgetting about that.

Tentative plans for an outdoor arts and crafts thing Sunday. The hottest day of the weekend.  Might have to change that.  Plans for a neighbor to join us for dinner Saturday night with another use of the newly cleaned oven and a now warmer house.  Might need to change that too.  The oven part that is...Plans with my mother for a lunch.  Wish that wasn't on the books.  And dinner Monday with special friends at a nice restaurant so my dad can be treated to a "fancy pot roast" aka Beef Bourguignon.  He's a midwest kind of guy so that is how I have to describe a nice French meal, otherwise he'd be quite uninterested. 

Yeah...so kudos to me for getting the bucket list scratched off after many weeks and months of procrastinating.  Thumbs down for the sudden AC shit.  Keeping my fingers crossed that my heating/cooling guru and make some time for me tomorrow. Otherwise I just might cry.  Can't stand being hot and I can't stand unexpected normal life surprises.  Yea adulthood.  Where's my blanket fort?  I might want to color and take a nap.  Until next time...elizinashe
😋 More Of This Please! 😋

No comments: