Sunday, May 26, 2019

Happy Memorial Day !

Never Forget
Cheers from a cooler home and a very full belly.  Sheesh!  I've eaten way to much this weekend.  And it's not over folks.  Sigh...One more day...

It's been a challenging weekend so to speak.  And what does that phrase "so to speak" really mean anyway?  Guess I should Google that and educate myself, eh?

This AC mishap has been alleviated.  For the time being.  Got a follow up pressure test early Wednesday morning when I get off work.  And then it will be bed time for me as I must return to work that night.  Ah, the beauty of being a night shifter.  I'm not looking forward to it.  This weekend has been one big anxiety party.  Today has been better but it has still been anxiety provoking.  But all of this mess is beginning to wane.  I just need tomorrow to go smoothly.  Otherwise I think I might lose it for a bit.  I really hope that I don't get sick after all of this.  I can totally see that happening and that would be the very last thing that I would ever need.  Fingers crossed on that one.

On a lighter note, I think I've been adopted.  By a stray kitty that has been camping out on my porch and bushes the last three days.  Sigh...this cat is friendly and clearly is used to being inside of a home as he/she keeps trying to come inside when I open the door.  The poor thing even peered up into my windows and the glass in my front door, paws up as if he/she was knocking with pleading meows.  Now don't get me wrong, I love animals and I miss having a cat but this is not the weekend to bring one inside the house.  Not yet.  I've put out alerts on social media but no hits.  I want to take this creature to be scanned for a microchip but my commitments tomorrow don't give me much time.  Nor is my vet office open due to the holiday.  It's just gonna have to wait.  And before you think I'm totally mean, I have been leaving food and water for the poor thing.  I'm not that cruel.  I'm just having trouble with the whole situation given the other factors that surround me right now.  Maybe I can get one of the neighbors to help.  Fingers crossed on that one too.

In the meantime, I hope your holiday will be fun and festive.  It's been a long weekend for many of us.  I hope it's been a relaxing one.  I'm looking forward to my next stretch of time off.  Alone.  In my peace and quiet.  And quite possibly with a new kitty.  Don't know if I need to cross my fingers on that.  We shall see.  Until next time...elizinashe
Can I Come  In?

No comments: