Saturday, May 4, 2019

Regroup & Recharge

Breathe In , Breathe Out
The last couple of weeks have been a bit rough.  Work has been difficult, anxiety levels have been high.  The personal "to do" list awaits to be crossed off.  There is much to do in the coming days before I return for my next leg of shifts.  And then it will be a whirlwind of other duties before my father comes to town for a long weekend.

I had plans to join some friends to an outdoor festival this evening.  But...I just wasn't feeling it.  As much as I wanted to get out and do something fun on my night off, I just couldn't muster up the strength or excitement.  Thankfully my friends understood.  I haven't left the house at all today.  And that has felt really good.  I did manage to take a shower and wash my hair.  And that's about it.  Unless you consider opening the door to put stuff in my recycling bin extra effort in being productive.  haha...

There are times when it's just necessary to hole up and be anti-social.  It's how I recharge my batteries.  My body and mind have been exhausted.  Almost to the point that I began to think that something was wrong with me, but I know that's not really true.  I just needed to hermit.  And that's okay.  Tomorrow will be better and I have small plans to chip away at the said "to do" list and tentative dinner plans with a friend Tuesday, although I have some reservations about all of that.  But that's a whole different issue and possibly another rant.

In the meantime, I will continue my sloth like plans for the night and hope to awake refreshed, recharged and renewed.  I hope you have some time to do the same.  I doubt you will regret it.  Until next time...elizinashe
Keep It Simple

No comments: