Sunday, December 29, 2019

Are You Ready ?

Happy New Year !
Christmas is over and the New Year is fast upon us.  Got plans?  Staying home or going out?  How do you celebrate?  Made those resolutions yet?  Goals?  Got booze? 

I typically don't do so much.  Last year I did go out with some friends and we were all home before "the ball dropped".  That was a fun night.  This year...well...no real big plans.  And that's okay.  I'm actually looking forward to being quiet and ringing in the New Year with the Hope that we will all continue to move forward, join in festivities with loved ones and never worry about paying the bills.  Because we all know, some are not so fortunate.  Many will struggle. 

As I write this, two of my co-workers are battling a brand new cancer diagnosis.  A friend from the past is also battling a cancer diagnosis.  My cousin's wife is battling cancer herself.  My parents are aging, friends who are traveling, family friends who are becoming more sickly in their aging years and a workplace that is well...many things.  And that's putting it mildly.  Life ain't always fair.  Sometimes it makes me fearful of my own future. 

Our country is hatefully divided.  And unjustly so.  There are many layers to that issue to which I will leave to another post.  In short, don't believe everything you see on the Internet, or on social media.  As always, check your facts and be open to discussion.  I hope to God that we find a way to heal.  It's the only way to move forward.

As for me, this year has been quite a roller coaster.  I've had a lot of adventures and lots of stress.  Sometimes it's been a real struggle.  Other times it's been a bit easy.  My Hope is that I will sail through the coming year with a clear mind and a forgiving heart.  It's been hard folks.  And as "optimistic" and possibly naively so that I know I can be, I know I will still have struggles.  I just hope I can handle them better than I believe myself to be.  It just doesn't help to wallow in your self criticism.  Nor the anger of your past. 

So back to my original point, that is if I really had one-haha...I just started to write and let it all flow.  Maybe that's a good thing.  So..are you ready for the New Year?  Goals?  Plans?  Resolutions?  What changes do you want for yourself for the New Year?  Tell me your Hopes for the coming year~ maybe we all should share our hopes together.  That can't be a bad thing don't ya think?  Until next time...elizinashe
Let Your Heart Shine

No comments: