Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Getting It Done

Don't Ya Love Him? 
Christmas is quickly approaching.  I'm done with shopping.  I'm over it.  I like to keep it simple anyway.  Who needs a bunch of crap anyway? 

I've got two boxes to ship, a few cards to finish and food to prep.  I will be working during the holidays and our food choices will be limited.  No delivery either~they too will be closed.  And as much as I like to treat others, I just cannot bring a bunch of food or baked goods for my co-workers.  It's too much to attempt to feed the masses.  Maybe one day.

It's a calm, rainy night.  I'm a bit restless and I know it will be some time before I get tired enough to go to bed.  Ugh.  Night shifter struggles.  At least I'm off.  If I can hammer out the next leg of tasks tomorrow before the temperatures drop I'll be fine.  No bad weather here, or yet, but it sure does make you want to stay at home and under a blanket. 

The holidays sure can be frustrating.  The hustle and bustle of it all really stresses me out.  I just want to move through it.  I bailed on a Christmas party tonight, simply because I needed to be at home and feel grounded.  I just wasn't feeling that festive nor did I want to be around a crowd of people, even though I love spending social time with the other attendees, I just couldn't do it.  And I have no regrets about it.  Again, self care...

So for you my readers, I hope your Christmas is a joyous occasion.  I hope it's stress free and is everything you wanted it to be.  And more.  I hope the New Year brings you much love and new adventures.  I hope that 2020 is a healing year.  I think we all could use a bit of that don't ya think?  Until next time...elizinashe
Bon Appetite ! 

No comments: