Friday, May 28, 2021

Time Flies By Quickly

 It was one year ago this week that things happened with my mom and her eventual and quick passing on to her next adventure.  As I liked to call it. 


Lots of emotions, lots of thinking.  Lots of hope.  Lots of unrest.  It a lot of " a lot" .  


I'm taking it slow, especially today.  We've got a nice rain shower which is greatly needed and a welcomed relief.  It makes a lazy day more relaxing.  Which is something I totally need. 


No, I'm not here to tell you to go and hug everyone you know, tell them that you love them and all that jazz as we all know our time is limited.  We shouldn't have to dwell on that.  You know what I"m talking about.  Yes, love on your people, but take time for you too regardless of what is going on in your life.  I think that is just as important.  


I look forward to a quiet afternoon, remembering my mom and hopefully without a breakdown.  But that is allowed too if I need to unload.  I sure as Hell have done plenty of that, and it's gut wrenching for me to be perfectly honest.  I'm sure I am not the only one who has felt that way.  


I have support.  I have this thing.  I have really good friends and my father is well and still able to live independently at his age and far from what I have called my home.  I know that too will change at some point but hopefully not for a very long time.  


I hope you enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend.  I'm just gonna take it slow.  And I know my mom would be totally okay with that.  Until next time...elizinashe

No comments: